Ongoing clinical trial testing therapeutic in humans.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Lanmanager@kbin.social 7 points 1 year ago

Imagine a country where everyone over 40 gets an annual chest x-ray, and CT scans for smokers/former smokers.

[-] grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world 9 points 1 year ago

Join us in the frozen North. I was three months out from a "scope" to look for colon cancer and my GP had a consult with me on an unrelated matter. He made a frowny face and said "you need another scope". I told him I just had one. He insisted. So I went. Was on an operating table about four weeks later. I would have been dead without that scope. I had no problem doing that first or second scope because they were "free" (I am guessing about $1300 a year goes from my taxes to health care, so not free, just a decent price considering I have colleagues in the US where that won't even cover two months).

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

I am guessing about $1300 a year goes from my taxes to health care

That is far less than the average American insurance plan and those include co-pays and deductibles. I hate living in the U.S.

[-] grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

My wife and I each pay a little into our work health plans but that's mostly to cover dental and a few other things we really don't use.

Here's an example of that coverage: I pay about $20 a month into my work plan. That covers pretty much all our dental work.

I occasionally have to pay out of pocket for some stuff (CPAP machine, dental implant) but get compensated after submitting paperwork (no deductible).

I worked in the US for a bit in a kitchen and was always worried about getting injured. At the time I couldn't buy muscle relaxant over the counter which I thought was nuts (I get back spasms) until I realized requiring a prescription was one more was to squeeze people for a doctor's visit.

[-] Sodis@feddit.de 1 points 1 year ago

You are aware, that you can get cancer caused by the radiation of these diagnostics?

this post was submitted on 02 Aug 2023
504 points (97.9% liked)

Technology

58311 readers
4304 users here now

This is a most excellent place for technology news and articles.

Our Rules

1. Follow the lemmy.world rules.
  2. Only tech related content.
  3. Be excellent to each another!
  4. Mod approved content bots can post up to 10 articles per day.
  5. Threads asking for personal tech support may be deleted.
  6. Politics threads may be removed.
  7. No memes allowed as posts, OK to post as comments.
  8. Only approved bots from the list below, to ask if your bot can be added please contact us.
  9. Check for duplicates before posting, duplicates may be removed

Approved Bots

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS