submitted 1 year ago by otter@lemmy.ca to c/canada@lemmy.ca
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Polar@lemmy.ca 12 points 1 year ago

Is this the same Xplorenet that charged me double to put in a pole 2x the height so I could get their 25Mbps package, then EXACTLY after the 30 day refund period ended dropped my connection down to 1Mbps, and when I called to complain they told me my satellite isn't getting good enough signal for 25Mbps, and I would need to drop down to their 10Mbps package.

So I dropped down to their 10Mbps to test, because they promised me it would work. When it didn't, I asked for them to return me to their 25Mbps package, to which they replied they can't..

So I had to take months complaining to the CRTC to get my $800 double installation price refunded, and after I did Xplorenet cancelled my internet and blacklisted my address?

And to top it all off, they block windows updates, and the only way to update your computer is to use a VPN to hide your traffic?

Is that the same Xplore? Ya. Good luck. You make Bell and Rogers look like perfect angels.

this post was submitted on 01 Aug 2023
51 points (98.1% liked)

Canada

7144 readers
391 users here now

What's going on Canada?

Communities

๐Ÿ Meta

๐Ÿ—บ๏ธ Provinces / Territories

๐Ÿ™๏ธ Cities / Regions

๐Ÿ’ SportsHockey

Football (NFL)

• List of All Teams: unknown

Football (CFL)

• List of All Teams: unknown

Baseball

Basketball

Soccer

๐Ÿ’ป Universities

๐Ÿ’ต Finance / Shopping

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ Politics

๐Ÿ Social & Culture

Rules

Reminder that the rules for lemmy.ca also apply here. See the sidebar on the homepage:

https://lemmy.ca

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS