[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 34 points 7 months ago

This should be re-titled to: "Taylor Swift flying into the World Trade Center, because the elevator ride to the top is a bit slower".

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 14 points 7 months ago

As a use-rust-for-even-the-most-basic-task elitist, I laugh.

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 63 points 8 months ago

Shouldn't UK or at least England be "arse" and not "ass"?

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 14 points 9 months ago

OpenBoard is great. I've tried a few and it just feels like a privacy-focused version of G-Board

Bananun rule (lemmy.world)
submitted 10 months ago by tuto193@lemmy.world to c/196@lemmy.blahaj.zone
[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 36 points 11 months ago

Top 10 worst circles I've seen in my life.

submitted 11 months ago by tuto193@lemmy.world to c/godot@programming.dev
[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 28 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Is the color named for the inside? I thought it was because of how they turn red, when they're on their way to mate (link for reference)

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 22 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

"LatinX" was indeed the first attempt at a gender neutral description. "Latino" is still considered by many native speakers to be "neutral", but the most feasible solution I've seen popping up is the "latine" (as in "estudiante", "vigilante", etc). Since it uses an explicitly non-gendered suffix, it is more correctly inclusive than the "latino". It will take a while though, und until it is really widely adopted.

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 14 points 1 year ago

Why is this 3 year old post still being shown on my front page. Even in this community's Frontpage somehow...

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 102 points 1 year ago

Apart from what has already been said (politics, basic UI) there are a couple more things worth mentioning:

• Kbin's interface is muuuch more customizable than lemmy's: browsing form a web browser (desktop or mobile) let's you modify your viewing experience as much as any mobile app for lemmy (but lemmly itself doesn't). From infinite scrolling vs pages to font sizes and such.
  • kbin allows for (mastodon-like) boosting of posts, which is like a super-upvote that lemmy just doesn't have.
  • on kbin you can subscribe to mastodon users aka federate with mastodon. Something that lemmy also can't.

Other than that only personal taste matters in the end, and both federate with eachother, so enjoy it from wherever you are.

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 18 points 1 year ago

Nice try, but we can all clearly see that those are two pictures of joker side-by-side.

cross-posted from: https://lemmy.world/post/1188351

Hand for scale, because there were no bananas at hand

submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by tuto193@lemmy.world to c/mildlyinteresting@lemmy.ml

Hand for scale, because there were no bananas at hand

[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 21 points 1 year ago
submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by tuto193@lemmy.world to c/todayilearned@lemmy.ml
[-] tuto193@lemmy.world 11 points 1 year ago

kbin is written in PHP ;)

submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by tuto193@lemmy.world to c/asklemmy@lemmy.ml

Explicitly posting on this (lemmy.ml based) community... tl;dr: title (which is from a couple years ago)

Just wanted to check what's the community's stand on this, and hopefully see if the devs came around to "fixing" the issue.

Just wanted to post this for more completion https://lemmy.world/post/1236428

view more: next ›

tuto193

joined 1 year ago