[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 1 points 6 days ago

I’d go down the route of paying for a seed box with crypto and then using that with a WireGuard tunnel to download via FTP. Any government involved would have to really, really care about me downloading a film here or there to work out who is using this seed box to download things.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 6 points 6 days ago

It seems like it would be a self fulfilling prophecy, you are right.

At the same time, having lived in London for 10 years... This is from today: https://red.artemislena.eu/r/london/comments/1fprfcy/i_cant_even_take_the_bus_in_peace_due_to_sexual/

The argument that more people taking public transport would somehow fix this makes no sense in a place like London. It’s a gigantic city with public transport permanently bursting at the seams.

A bus through a dodgy area at midnight won’t feel safe unless it’s policed somehow. I don’t know where the resources for that could possibly come from.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 2 points 6 days ago

Public transport in London was probably the worst. Case in point: https://red.artemislena.eu/r/london/comments/1fprfcy/i_cant_even_take_the_bus_in_peace_due_to_sexual/

The argument that more people taking public transport would somehow fix this makes no sense in a place like London. It’s a gigantic city with public transport permanently bursting at the seams.

A bus through a dodgy area at midnight won’t feel safe unless it’s policed somehow. I don’t know where the resources for that could possibly come from.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 1 points 6 days ago

In my experience (lived in four countries, ~30 cities / towns), public transport just feels unsafe. It’s always a choice between crazies shouting, groups of teenagers playfighting and blasting their mobile phones on full volume or just the good old rapey stare from strangers. I’d rather not be exposed to all the worst elements of society at close quarters in a metal tube I can’t escape from.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 3 points 6 days ago

I’m with you on this one, not sure why you’re being downvoted. Until public transport is safe, which it has never been in my experience (as a lifelong public transport user in many countries), I’ll walk or cycle. Or, well, now I live rurally so there’s no public transport, and I’m reluctantly driving everywhere.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 5 points 6 days ago

Any VPN instantly solves this problem though?

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 16 points 1 week ago

Rural UK here. Tiny country in comparison to the US. Our village has no mobile signal. Our landline internet maxes out at 1mbit up and 10mbit down. We are 3miles from a town with 15k people. Why is there no infrastructure? I’m completely dependent on Starlink.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 9 points 1 month ago
[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 52 points 1 month ago

Piracy ends when content is offered in a convenient fashion. It's always been this simple and always will be. Naturally, rich and out of touch people want to believe that more authoritarianism is the solution, because they got rich through their contempt for humanity, so why should this be any different?

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 7 points 1 month ago

I have played countless hours of this. Even against AI, this game is great fun. It's mind-blowing to think it's free.

[-] setInner234@lemmy.ml 24 points 1 month ago

Sollte das Ei-Eh nicht eher Eh-Ei sein? Oder ist der Witz dass das auch noch falsch rum gesagt wird?

view more: next ›

setInner234

joined 11 months ago