[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 4 points 8 months ago

Elon has gone on record saying he's a huge sci-fi fan, and has mentioned Iain M Banks in particular who writes a lot of posthuman and transhuman characters. He's literally pulling his ideas directly from fiction.

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 30 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

I'm sure many (American) people think Hugh Laurie is like House in real life too 😂

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 11 points 9 months ago

Well that sucks, I just paid for a full year. Was this announced beforehand or did they disappear with no warning? What else are they going to drop?

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 10 points 9 months ago

This kinda gives me Cardcaptor Sakura vibes.

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 8 points 9 months ago

I use "in essence" for i.e.

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 25 points 9 months ago

My grandma gave him this bed, and he's actually using it!

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 9 points 9 months ago

Not my gumdrop buttons!

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 5 points 1 year ago

Do you do the same routine every day? I've been interested in trying this but I don't know where to start.

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 4 points 1 year ago

Every time I'm using someone else's tech and I see ads I actually quite enjoy them in a nostalgic way. I kind of miss the days when I used to know all the jingles for all the pizza chains and furniture stores in my area.

[-] quotheraven404@lemmy.ca 6 points 1 year ago

I'd want a familiar/daemon that was running an AI personality to act as a personal assistant, friend and interactive information source. It could replace therapy and be a personalized tutor, and it would always be up to date on the newest science and global happenings.

view more: next ›

quotheraven404

joined 1 year ago