[-] dave881@lemmy.world 8 points 6 days ago

That's the reality of public school teacher pay all over the country.

The national average is under $70k

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 25 points 3 weeks ago

I think they mean that she is taking the fall for the "unknown" person she "bought" the gun from.

Implying that she was holding the weapon for someone

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 12 points 1 month ago

It is just a public statement of support. There are only consequences to the extent that people care about/respect the opinion and judgment of the person giving the endorsement.

In this case, it's valuable to RFK Jr in so far as individuals listening to Joe Rogan either think Joe has good insights into who should be president, or just want to be like him and will vote the way they think he will vote

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 68 points 2 months ago

I think that "wipes out" here is referring to the lead that Trump had in the polls previously. All the states went from a clear lead for Trump over Biden, to basically even, with one exception showing a clear lead.

I think that it suggests a competitive race, rather than one side coasting to victory. It is hard to draw concrete conclusions still, but the clear lead is definitely gone

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 26 points 3 months ago

That may well be the point. Dell gets the head count reduction, improving the bottom line, without the headline about mass layoffs

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 7 points 4 months ago

I think that the answer to this depends on the audience and the topic or nature of the discussion.

I prefer precise, technical language if the audience has experience in the topic. You can save a lot of time by not explaining things that the readers should, reasonably know.

I think simpler language is appropriate for a more general audience or higher level discussion.

It can be challenging to find the right balance on a forum, like this, where you don't necessarily know who the audience is.

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 9 points 7 months ago

Fountain pens are not a normal sight in US schools. I was an adult before I realized that they were a thing that still exist, and are even used.

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 35 points 9 months ago

Dbus attempts to provide a standardized system for inter process communication (IPC) without the complexity of managing individual connections between each and every process that needs to share certain types of data.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Bus

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 7 points 9 months ago

I assume that they need them to be handed over through a legal process in order to be admissible in court.

It is generally not allowed to use illegally obtained evidence in court.

Yes, I know that it does happen, and people who can not afford effective legal representation get convinced

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 30 points 11 months ago

Based on what you wrote, sounds to me like she wants out.

I think that a healthy long term relationship will require some compromise from both partners. Over the course of a lifetime there will be things that two people don't agree on, sometimes very strongly. Being able to talk through those issues and work out an appropriate compromise is crucial to the longevity of the relationship.

If she's insistant that the shorts of issues you've described are deal breakers for her I think there are a few possible reasons:

• She wants out of the relationship and is using these issues as an excuse
  • she's not really ready for a longterm, serious relationship
  • The issues are more serious than you've described and she's not explaining her complaints in a way that makes clear to you what is really wrong
[-] dave881@lemmy.world 6 points 11 months ago

I saw this pop up that's morning, as well. Clicking the "x" to close the window seems to work for now

[-] dave881@lemmy.world 13 points 1 year ago

I usually start at a ratio of 30g coffee per 500g water, then you can adjust from there if you feel it didn't come out the way you like.

view more: next ›

dave881

joined 1 year ago