[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 3 points 3 days ago

I wouldn't recommend Docker for a production environment either, but there are plenty of container-based solutions that use OCI compatible images just fine and they are very widely used in production. Having said that, plenty of people run docker images in a homelab setting and they work fine. I don't like running rootful containers under a system daemon, but calling it a giant mess doesn't seem fair in my experience.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 91 points 2 weeks ago

XML aims to be both human-readable and machine-readable, but manages neither. It's only really worth it if you actually need the complexity or extensibility, otherwise it's just a major pain to map XML structures to any sensible type representation. I've been forced to work with some of the protocols that people like to present as examples of good XML usage and I hate every single one of them.

Fuck YAML though. That spec is longer and more complex than any other markup language I know of and it doesn't have a single fully compliant implementation.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 53 points 2 weeks ago

If anything, that implies your windows are pretty well insulated, if the outside can get cold enough for water to condense on it. Unless condensation occurs indoors, I wouldn't worry about it.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 221 points 2 months ago

Is there a source for these haughty, cackling archeologists making fun of hairdressers or is that just to manufacture some kind of underdog victory scenario?

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 64 points 2 months ago

I'm not here to bicker

You came out fucking swinging. There's no need to act like you weren't looking for some kind of confrontation.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 75 points 3 months ago

He's gonna do it instead.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 61 points 4 months ago

The snail has been taken over by parasitic flatworms that control it to seek out exposed spots and pulsate inside of their eye stalks to get eaten by a bird and enter the next stage of their life cycle, which they spend by living in the birds cloaca and spreading their eggs via feces.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 76 points 5 months ago

Of course the family that prints every second word bold for no fucking reason is into bold outfits.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 80 points 5 months ago

Having really dry skin does not help with grip.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 45 points 7 months ago

Who needs the author's name in the crop, when you can have scrollbar instead?

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 61 points 9 months ago

This reads like an AI generated news story about a reddit post.

[-] anyhow2503@lemmy.world 45 points 10 months ago

Was ist das bitte eine Sinnfreie Umfrage in Deutschland? Die einzige persönliche Transportmöglichkeit die eigene Infrastruktur und besondere Maßnahmen zur Trennung von Fußgängern bekommt ist das Auto. Ist doch vollkommen klar, dass der restliche Pöbel (inkl. anderer Fußgänger wohlgemerkt) regelmäßiger aneckt, wenn alle vor den Autos flüchten und nirgendwo gescheite Fahrradwege existieren.

view more: next ›

anyhow2503

joined 1 year ago