[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 5 points 10 months ago

Where is this feature officially announced and with which version does it come? Couldn't find anything about this.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 3 points 10 months ago

And sc-im for spreadsheets

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 11 points 10 months ago

Germany is heavily relying on coal: https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/coal-germany

It's also building inefficient LNG terminals for liquid gas. Far away from being a leader in renewables.

Furthermore EVs are not a solution for climate change, but rather to save the car industry, which is particularly strong in Germany.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 13 points 1 year ago

I had a very similar experience when I switched to Linux around 2 years ago. Now I dread every second I have to use Windows at work.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 2 points 1 year ago

I also use Kitty with the Fish shell and the Tide plugin. Looks quite fancy compared to the standard terminal.

Lobbyland Podcast (lobbyland.podigee.io)
submitted 1 year ago by Snowcap7567@beehaw.org to c/dach@feddit.de

Sehr interessanter Podcast über Korruption und Lobbying in Deutschland, der auch Alternativen aufzeigt wie man es besser machen könnte.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 13 points 1 year ago

Wow that's obscene, especially the steep rise over the years. I'll stop donating to them.

Wow that's obscene, especially the steep rise over the years. I'll stop donating to them.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 7 points 1 year ago

Not Linux related, but I prefer AMD due to less shady business practices than Intel.

Another point could be that most Linux users get an AMD GPU and then might go for an AMD CPU as well.

*No corporation which is on the stock market

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

CalyxOS is also available for the Fairphone and you don't have to give money to Google.

Hello fellow beehawers,

There are some niche communities I follow with only rare new posts. Since the posts are rare I most times miss them between my more active subscriptions.

Hence, it would be nice if I could have several separated subscription folders. Like folder1 with community 1,2,3 and folder2 with 4,5,6 etc. With this, I could easily swap between niche and active communities.

Is something like this possible on Lemmy or in planning? The more inconvenient option would be to create several different accounts.

Looks nice!

You can install new apps from the web or develop your own using JavaScript. All you need is a Web Browser (Chrome, Edge or Opera) and you can upload apps or write code to run on your watch wirelessly!

However, I find it strange that they only advertise proprietary browsers and no open-source alternatives.

[-] Snowcap7567@beehaw.org 15 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

The far-right party AfD polls at around 20% at the moment. There are (too) many bigots in Germany as well.

Speaches from on of their leaders Bernd Höcke are very close to speaches from the Nazi time. So Germany is not a very good example to prove your point.

What are the pro/cons on the European Digital Identity?

submitted 1 year ago by Snowcap7567@beehaw.org to c/foss@beehaw.org

Hello,
I have disabled all notification settings I could find, but I still get those annoying calendar event notifications.
Does anyone know how to disable them?

view more: next ›

Snowcap7567

joined 1 year ago