[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 5 points 3 months ago

Not a dad joke per say but:

What is the difference between a sperm cell and a lawyer?

A sperm cell has a one-in-a-billion chance of becoming human one day.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 4 points 4 months ago

Thank you for showing me SearXNG. I will definitely be looking into it, and once comfortable maybe even host one internally.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 8 points 5 months ago

She uses Arch btw

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 10 points 10 months ago

Yeah I am open to anyone who can prove this wrong/correct. I saw it and thought it needs sharing. I am more than willing to ask forgiveness afterwards :-) Luckily I too only use Thunderbird.

submitted 10 months ago by Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world to c/privacy@lemmy.ml
[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 6 points 11 months ago

Now you go tell him that :-)

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 2 points 11 months ago

Great initiative and good idea, but just tested it with Youtube video and it was really horrible ito success rate. This was for a native language in my country.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

No, those versions are fine. But beware, if you use group folders and elasticsearch fulltextsearch, your NC will become unavailable. There is a known bug, and I have not seen a new release of FullTextSearch that will fix this bug.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 16 points 1 year ago

I have a self-hosted Nextcloud and my Nextcloud account connected via GNOME as an Online Account. It integrates seamlessly with Calendar, gives me a webdav mount for my files etc. I don't have any issues. I have not added any Google accounts, and definitely no Microsoft accounts. I don't use public clouds for private stuff.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 9 points 1 year ago

I love this, thanks.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 13 points 1 year ago

+many for Signal.

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 14 points 1 year ago

This ^. That way you have complete control over SSID, connected devices, passwords etc, and you apartment block only sees a single MAC address (WAN).

[-] Luckyfriend222@lemmy.world 10 points 1 year ago

It is worth it. How much you charge is up to you. A good start would be to use the pricing on Nextcloud's site as a gauge, seeing as you will be doing more than just the application. You will do the servers, VMs etc. as well. If your friend is at all worried about privacy, then get their company onto Nextcloud. That is my 2c. GL!

view more: next ›

Luckyfriend222

joined 1 year ago