[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 24 points 1 year ago

Since switching my server to an x86 based platform, I'm not jumping back to arm any time soon. Maybe some day

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 14 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Two years ago our software lead left. Me with 3 years experience was the most knowledgeable person on the team. He left because we had gotten acquired. 3 months later they gave me a raise from 92 to 103k, which I showed annoyance with. 6 months later the new company decided to throw money at the people they couldn't afford to lose so I went to 128k. 6 months later I went to 143k

This is on a small team at a government contractor

TLDR: 51K (56%) in 1 year without switching companies

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 5 points 1 year ago

That's a crazy issue to have discovered. Maybe you could try a different reverse proxy like nginx to narrow down potential causes for the issue

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 9 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I got my grandma a chromebox for easy updates and minimal tech support. I get a call from her probably once a month when a random tab she got to through Facebook puts her browser in full screen and says she has a windows virus. Sometimes she calls them but is smart enough to not give a credit card. Every time she calls me all scared and asks "I don't have Microsoft right?" lol

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 5 points 1 year ago

What phones is Motorola selling now-a-days? Flip phones?

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 4 points 1 year ago

When you disable buttons in lieu of gestures which were introduced a few years ago, you have swipe from either side for back

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 3 points 1 year ago

Glasses when working (desk job) or relaxing around the house, contacts when outside the house

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 6 points 1 year ago

progressive* web app

Larger, swappable battery. Squeeze for assistant

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 4 points 1 year ago

I registered for that a few days ago. Really looking forward to how the developer handles the switch. Wefwef being open source may keep me over here

I made an account at thelemmy.club today and have been having really good luck with it. Much smoother than lemmy.world. Also seems to federate with other large communities that were missing from lemmy.world. As a bonus they host their own wefwef instance at app.thelemmy.club

[-] Lasso1971@thelemmy.club 8 points 1 year ago

I think it's related to servers giving you an error message when posting a comment due to load, so you hit post again. Afterwards it turns out you have two comments because the first attempt actually worked

Boost for reddit fanboy here, never used apollo. Not only does wefwef feel the most put together so far, but I love that it's open source and can be self hosted. Can't wait for an option for an android theme so it feels more native. After that all that's missing is the ability to skip through comment threads

view more: next ›

Lasso1971

joined 1 year ago