submitted 1 year ago by Zigabyte@beehaw.org to c/chat@beehaw.org

Something that its a bit out of the ordinary maybe?

top 3 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Kwakigra@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

I've been toying with the idea of using that "instances" link at the bottom of this page and exploring each non-blocked instance one at a time and report my findings. When I was a kid before the age of the internet monoliths which exist today I would constantly follow links from one website to another and really enjoyed the process of discovery. I wonder if anyone has already done any Instance delving.

[-] mrmanager@lemmy.today 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

They are all very similar now since you can only change the icon really. But there is a difference in what communities it has of course.

I used to explore BBSes when I was a kid and it was very much fun, because they had different software, completely different menus, games, files and so on. Would be cool if Lemmy could grow into that.

[-] bbbhltz@beehaw.org 3 points 1 year ago

Not really, but I just now was looking at https://lemmyverse.net/ and thinking Beehaw needs to add some banners to the communities. Maybe having regular contests for creators?

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 14 Jun 2023
9 points (100.0% liked)

Chat

7483 readers
3 users here now

Relaxed section for discussion and debate that doesn't fit anywhere else. Whether it's advice, how your week is going, a link that's at the back of your mind, or something like that, it can likely go here.

Subcommunities on Beehaw:

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS