top 23 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old

Here's the thing though... it isn't factually incorrect, and taken together with how Ethan Peck has played the character, this line could just be viewed as Spock's attempt at a joke.

[-] Stamets@startrek.website 56 points 1 year ago

Spock really takes Daddy issues to a whole other level that we've never seen

[-] teft@startrek.website 40 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

What people don't realize is that this was actually said very sarcastically. The problem is it's so hard to read vulcans no one on Enterprise realized it at the time. For another example of this vulcan sass I give you T'Lyn whose emotional outbursts got her kicked off her vulcan vessel.

[-] Stamets@startrek.website 27 points 1 year ago

You are not wrong. Not at all. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with T'Lyn in the new season. Especially considering the closest we've gotten to a Vulcan comic relief character is Tuvok.

I have something I've been meaning to post which is a comedy bit pointing that out. That to Humans Spock comes off as super straight-laced and square but to Vulcans he's too emotional and prone to outbursts.

[-] acockworkorange@mander.xyz 19 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

RIP Tuvix. Never forget, never forgive.

[-] Stamets@startrek.website 19 points 1 year ago
[-] acockworkorange@mander.xyz 4 points 1 year ago

#TuvixBeggedForHisLife #JanewayIsAColdBloodedMurderer #SheLeftHerOffspringToDie

[-] Stamets@startrek.website 3 points 1 year ago

#TuvixsLifeWasAtTheExpenseOfOthers #NeedsOfTheMany #TheyWereTadpoles

[-] acockworkorange@mander.xyz 3 points 1 year ago

You could argue that they still lived through him, and their needs were present and expressed by him when he begged not to be murdered.

And #TadpolesAreAfterBirthBabies

[-] teft@startrek.website 7 points 1 year ago

I hope it's good because you saying that just made me think of how I would do that meme and it made me lol.

[-] Stamets@startrek.website 5 points 1 year ago

As with all the ones I've posted so far, it ain't my words. But I think it's pretty good. I'll make it the next one I post.

[-] BlemboTheThird@lemmy.ca 9 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

kicking her off the ship for emotional outbursts that... saved the ship. logic, huh? honestly i got the sense that she wasn't really emotional even by vulcan standards, she was just smarter than everyone else on that ship. they berated her constantly for it until she finally gave a sarcastic reply so that they could give her the boot

[-] Mordachai_Shedbacon@lemm.ee 41 points 1 year ago

I'm not going to say who they are, let's just say it's some asshole who bangs my mom

[-] Hupf@feddit.de 23 points 1 year ago
[-] Datas_Cat_Spot@startrek.website 7 points 1 year ago

Oh yeah, this is one of my pet peeves too.

[-] downpunxx@kbin.social 19 points 1 year ago

technically correct is the best kind of correct

[-] PotjiePig@beehaw.org 2 points 1 year ago

And Vulcans are the masters of being technically correct.

[-] jernej@lemmy.ml 16 points 1 year ago

Couldn't that be cannonically explained as Spock being secretive about his past?

Rule 1 ~~The Doctor~~ Spock ~~lies~~ is very selective about what truths he tells.

[-] CeruleanRuin@lemmings.world 13 points 1 year ago

Perhaps both things are true. If Sarek also had a human ancestor it would explain quite a bit about him.

[-] Infynis@midwest.social 9 points 1 year ago

Who knows, maybe he's also related to the Vulcan that stayed behind in Carbon Creek

[-] XTornado@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

As long as it wasn't on Schitt's Creek.

[-] Tarkcanis@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Wasn't it twice? I guess not at this point though.

this post was submitted on 25 Aug 2023
471 points (99.6% liked)

Risa

6847 readers
227 users here now

Star Trek memes and shitposts

Come on'n get your jamaharon on! There are no real rules—just don't break the weather control network.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS