3:06-3:07 for HK

2:57-2:58, 3:10-3:11 for Euromaiden

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Bobby_DROP_TABLES@hexbear.net 101 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Really sick of seeing people call the HK protests a psyop. Any self-proclaimed leftist needs to support the people of Hong Kong's struggle to have the freedom to murder their pregnant wives and then flee to Thailand without being extradited.

[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 66 points 1 year ago

Actually, it's about ethics in fleeing to Thailand journalism.

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 51 points 1 year ago

Violence against women and fleeing to Thailand. No wonder this movement got so much support from mediocre white dudes.

[-] TheGamingLuddite@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

Such an absurd non-issue. China should have just sent in the PLA in to black bag that little cretin. The US can extradite people from fucking Romania, if China ever collapses it will be because it respected the rules too much.

[-] Doubledee@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

Hi, could you explain the reference here? Sounds like something I might want in my back pocket if I have to talk about this topic in real life.

[-] Babs@hexbear.net 75 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Poon_Hiu-wing

Woman from Hong Kong is murdered by her boyfriend while they are in Taiwan, and her murderer flees back to Hong Kong. Authorities in Hong Kong don't have jurisdiction to charge him for the murder. They also didn't have an extradition treaty with Taiwan, nor to the mainland (he is from Shenzhen). So Hong Kong proposed a law that would allow them to extradite the murderer. This was cited as the main complaint of the protesters.

The law never passed. HK did have jurisdiction to get him for stealing some of the victim's money and stuff, but he walked free like a year after murdering her.

[-] VILenin@hexbear.net 46 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Redditor’s thought process: “what if I murder my pregnant wife and China tries to arrest me? Egads, I must support this man!”

[-] huf@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

temporarily embarrassed wife murderers

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] culpritus@hexbear.net 90 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

"Revolution of Dignity" is such an incredibly jingoistic phrase. I can't decide if it came out of some neolib focus group or just a room full of fascists.

same-picture

e: found some research about this, it was literally the nazi party of Ukraine that popularized the phrase

https://hexbear.net/post/411806

[-] pooh@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

Sounds like some nonsense pete-eat would come up with

[-] buckykat@hexbear.net 43 points 1 year ago

some neolib focus group or just a room full of fascists

what's the difference?

[-] hotcouchguy@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago
[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

I refuse to believe that this long into the conflict, someone somewhere hasn't made a Totenkopf lanyard.

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] edge@hexbear.net 35 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I swear that name didn’t even come around until years afterward, that it was just called the Maidan or Euromaidan Revolution for a long time. But I don’t really know, maybe I missed it.

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 60 points 1 year ago

This whole video is gibberish. It feels like a high budget version of one of those 4chan-inspired Anonymous V-for-Vendetta hype videos. I wonder how much money someone paid to get Sun Tzu quotes letterboxed over stock film real?

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

4chan-inspired Anonymous V-for-Vendetta hype videos

Very good chance that most of the Anonymous "we are legion" shit was the feds too.

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 57 points 1 year ago
[-] ZoomeristLeninist@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

big time. the slide into rabid fascism has been underway for a minute. im fearing its happening faster than i expected. ig it doesnt take long. only 15 years between Germany losing WW1 and electing hitler

[-] ZoomeristLeninist@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Germany is a pretty shit comparison bc they had a small empire but had massive imperial ambitions. amerika already has the massive empire. with amerika failing, international capital is panicking as it doesnt really have a viable candidate to pass the imperial torch to. this will probably result in western countries either going full fash w maximal internal oppression and colonial violence or begging to join BRICS, which in this case will have to turn into a military alliance, possibly losing India

i really hope amerika keeps being aggressive toward Russia bc if Russia aligns with the west WW3 will be much more horrific

[-] edge@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

join BRICS, which in this case will have to turn into a military alliance, possibly losing India

The I is replaced with Ireland. The first operation is liberating the 6 counties. Obviously this would happen next year as data-revolutionary predicted.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago

You dumb tankie. You fell for the psyop! This proves that the US is good because good countries brag to the public with high production advertisements about being behind coups and violent unrests, whether it’s true or not!

[-] immuredanchorite@hexbear.net 52 points 1 year ago

lmao, the beginning sound is noted CIA spook GW Bush telling Gorby to tear down the Berlin Wall.. like.. Okay so they are admitting that that was a CIA project? Does that mean we can dispense with the idea that the eastern bloc fell on its own accord?

[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 61 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I thought we crossed that bridge a long time ago

[-] ZoomeristLeninist@hexbear.net 45 points 1 year ago
[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 50 points 1 year ago

"Are we the baddies?"

Somebody up there got frustrated with too many new recruits drinking their own kool-aid and wanted to make sure people know what they're signing up for lol.

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 49 points 1 year ago

This is really shit lol.

So what, they take credit for a bunch of events we already know they were involved in. The actual ad is ultimately just bait of a variety of different things to drive social media discussion. The clown makeup, the cartoon that probably has some racist element and turning into a spook, it's all just bait to drive social media discussion and spread the ad.

There's less of them than us. They're just a bunch of dweebs on laptops and discord, 8 hours a day with an hour for lunch. Just like this ukro psyops group war room.

The only thing I will give them is that they're more organised than we are when it comes to deploying themselves online. We have no fulltime revolutionaries performing online work, the only ones getting that money to do that work are doing it offline. What we have is a bunch of nerds doing whatever, whenever they feel like it, online, with motivation being a massively crucial factor in the quantity of what gets done and what doesn't. But we continue to get stronger at it.

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago

That picture always makes me laugh. Why do you need so many screens for discord?

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 48 points 1 year ago

Wait, there are major powers who are attempting to secretly influence world events and set narratives...

And they aren't transgender or Jewish!?

(Also, like a ton of shit they do is on an easily accessible public record)

[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It used to be that the government would declassify its crimes decades later when everyone stopped caring. Now they just freely admit it and everyone cheers them on

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

More 👏 trans 👏 Jewish 👏 psyops 👏 agents.

[-] blight@hexbear.net 47 points 1 year ago

if this is real, using a horror theme for the video is actually a genius 4D chess move

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago

Hey kids, want to destabilize the world and be a complete ghoul?

[kids cheering] Yaaaay!

[-] ElChapoDeChapo@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

It is real, this shit was promoted by the algorithm big time last year

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

There's a sinophobic federated liberal that's chanting "bot" to anyone he's arguing with, right now, on a different thread regarding Chinese current events. He's been doing that for over a day so far.

I assume he'd see any such psyops as "patriots getting shit done" or however his treats would frame it, while dissent is only from "bots."

Either he's an extraordinary liar and can't even maintain the lie long enough to stop arguing with "bots" or he has a definition of "bot" that he conjured from his own solipsism that is independent of what the rest of us would use.

Also judging by his avatar picture, he's a weeb because of course he is. pathetic

[-] Stpetergriffonsberg@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

I must be an opponent of choleric temper because this is the most irritating shit I've ever seen

[-] krolden@lemmy.ml 29 points 1 year ago

Anybody notice the Ukrainian flag on the scary hackers computer screen?

[-] Odo@lemm.ee 27 points 1 year ago

This just looks like something produced by some guy larping as military recruitment, https://twitter.com/GoArmySOF

load more comments (9 replies)
load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 22 Aug 2023
133 points (99.3% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
641 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS