top 14 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world 11 points 1 year ago

Can ffmpeg download from YouTube? I’ve been using YouTube DL which works great from CLI

[-] SteveTech@programming.dev 4 points 1 year ago

ffmpeg can't do the actual downloading, but if you do any converting/merging with youtube-dl it will use ffmpeg to do that. However ffmpeg can stream/download from rtmp and similar, but not YouTube, it's mostly just for doing literally anything with video files (and sometimes images).

[-] camelbeard@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

I downloaded and converted (to mp3) so many hour long mixes. My car is pretty old but it can play mp3 from an SD card, so long mixes are great for roadtrips

yt dlp is what you are looking for

[-] haroldstork@lemm.ee 4 points 1 year ago

Haha I used to use that all the time until I got Linux-pilled.

[-] ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Can ffmpeg download from YouTube? I’ve been using YouTube DL which works great from CLI

[-] ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

[-] Seven@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago
[-] darcy@sh.itjust.works 3 points 1 year ago

its a glitch. happens often

[-] angel@iusearchlinux.fyi 3 points 1 year ago

Nope, it can't. You'll have to continue using yt-dlp/youtube-dl for that. Both actually use ffmpeg to merge the downloaded audio and video streams into a single file.

[-] ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago

[-] ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world 0 points 1 year ago

[-] marcos@lemmy.world 10 points 1 year ago

I just want to point that you may have some issue with duplicated requests to your lemmy instance.

[-] iso@lemmy.com.tr 2 points 1 year ago

You should be able to process video through ffmpeg after downloaded from youtube.

this post was submitted on 01 Jul 2023
71 points (97.3% liked)

linuxmemes

20846 readers
2647 users here now

I use Arch btw

Sister communities:

Community rules

1. Follow the site-wide rules and code of conduct
  2. Be civil
  3. Post Linux-related content
  4. No recent reposts

Please report posts and comments that break these rules!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS