Horn of Balance - an indie 2D zelda-like

I'm developing 'Horn of Balance', a 2D zelda-like featuring 12 non-linear dungeons, 2 interconnected worlds and a TON of secrets.

Right now, the project is live on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hornofbalance/horn-of-balance) and we've almost hit the funding goal with just 24 hours left!

There's also a free demo on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2738140/Horn_of_Balance/) and Itch.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have!

@gaming

all 26 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] KairuByte@lemmy.dbzer0.com 9 points 6 months ago

Iirc you can technically release as DRM free on Steam. There are some out there you can literally drag and drop to a different PC and it’ll work just fine. Just in case you wanted to go that route since you hate DRM.

@KairuByte IΒ΄ll have to look into that. Thanks.

[-] Coasting0942@reddthat.com 6 points 6 months ago
[-] HornofBalance@mastodon.gamedev.place 14 points 6 months ago

@Coasting0942

I cannot promise a GOG release just yet, but I will be applying for the required publishing deal. If that goes through then yes. It would be a simultaneous release. The game is already on Itch (= DRM free version) and that too will be available on day 1 if I can help it.

(I hate DRM just as much as the next guy πŸ˜‰)

[-] Coasting0942@reddthat.com 4 points 6 months ago* (last edited 6 months ago)

Dang, should have been a general DRM free question.

Sounds awesome!

[-] Daxtron2@startrek.website 3 points 6 months ago* (last edited 6 months ago)

Really like the art, any plans for ports to mobile? I think it could do really well there. I'll kick some cash to the Kickstarter for sure, any plans to continue if you don't reach the goal?

@Daxtron2 Not yet. But who knows what's possible if the game does well enough.

[-] Daxtron2@startrek.website 3 points 6 months ago

Kicked ya some cash :) close to the goal! Hope it gets there!

@Daxtron2 We made it! Thank you for your support!

[-] Daxtron2@startrek.website 1 points 6 months ago

Awesome!! Excited to see it come to life!

[-] Telorand@reddthat.com 2 points 6 months ago

Looks neat! I hope this does really well, and you can make a DLC called "Kazoo of Soup," because that would never happen via Nintendo.

@Telorand You learn something new everyday. Hadn't heard about that one yet πŸ˜„

[-] Faydaikin@beehaw.org 2 points 6 months ago

It has a Skull called Murrey?! Sign me up! πŸ˜ƒ

@Faydaikin You'll have to be quick. Just 4 hours left till the end of the Kickstarter πŸ˜‰

this post was submitted on 06 Apr 2024
91 points (100.0% liked)

Gaming

30457 readers
413 users here now

From video gaming to card games and stuff in between, if it's gaming you can probably discuss it here!

Please Note: Gaming memes are permitted to be posted on Meme Mondays, but will otherwise be removed in an effort to allow other discussions to take place.

See also Gaming's sister community Tabletop Gaming.

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS