submitted 1 year ago by DeadWorld@lemm.ee to c/brainworms@lemm.ee
top 6 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Jackcooper@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Yep that was the weirdest article in awhile

[-] RalphWiggum@artemis.camp 1 points 1 year ago

Wait what?!? As a white person, I’m so confused….

[-] YaaAsantewaa@lemmy.blahaj.zone 7 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

So that was a fun 5 minute rabbit hole to go down

Of course it ends here just incase any of you are wondering

https://twitter.com/GuardiansNative

Basically it's literally all white MAGA trump supporters and of course there's a hilarious comic which has the word "woke" thrown all over the place. Guess I can't post pictures here to show you, or is there a way to link pictures?

Either way, it comes from FOX news. Just go to the twatter page and you'll see literally 0 native American anything and it's just white MAGA trump voters, basically trying the same thing as in 2016

"Native American groups had been trying to get the name changed since the 1960s when Washington finally was forced to integrate it's team with African Americans becoming the last team in the NFL to do so. When Native Americans sue to have the name changed it's not cancel culture"

[-] Seathru@beehaw.org 2 points 1 year ago

Me thinks it wasn't actually any of the tribes bothered by the name in the first place.

[-] worfamerryman@beehaw.org -1 points 1 year ago

Oh yeah?! Oh yeah?! Well I’m offended for them. Im guessing this is what happened.

[-] Blamemeta@lemm.ee 0 points 1 year ago

Native Americans aren't a monolith, and some enjoy representation in less-than-great forms.

this post was submitted on 14 Aug 2023
8 points (75.0% liked)

BrainWorms

1183 readers
3 users here now

Hey, welcome to BrainWorms.

This is a place where I post interesting things that I find and cant categorize into one of the main subs I follow. Enjoy a front seat as i descend into madness

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS