top 6 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] yumpoplala@kbin.social 6 points 1 year ago

It's fascinating to see how a comic from 1912 still holds up today. Also I didn't know they had 'colored moving pictures' that early, I always thought Wizard of Oz was the first one in 1939. Turns out 1908 was the year the first color film came out. Neat!

[-] some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org 4 points 1 year ago

I used to lament how my nieces and nephew would never be able to appreciate the modern internet because they grew up with broadband. Now I don't think about it cause the idea itself has got old.

That said, I like this comic and saved a copy because it's a historical artifact. I love history. Thanks for posting.

[-] Diabolo96@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 1 year ago

Don't worry. If the recently discovered superconductors at room temperature lk-99 is real they'll be visiting mars.

[-] richyawyingtmv@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's funny, we basically have magic now

I can talk to anyone, miles away instantly, anywhere on earth. It's mental. But it's totally normal for us to make phone calls.

[-] ARxtwo@lemmy.one 2 points 1 year ago

My wife and I were just mentioning the other day how we can have video chats with family half way around the world, for free. When we were kids making a long distance call to someone a few counties away was a big deal and we didn’t talk long because it would cost too much. Wild stuff.

[-] HandwovenConsensus@lemm.ee 2 points 1 year ago

Kind of fascinated by the subtle linguistic differences in this comic. Mainly saying "See the..." instead of "Look at that..."

this post was submitted on 03 Aug 2023
26 points (100.0% liked)

Comic Strips

12098 readers
2191 users here now

Comic Strips is a community for those who love comic stories.

The rules are simple:

Web of links

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS