it's a real toss-up (hexbear.net)
top 9 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Wheaties@hexbear.net 43 points 7 months ago

yankees when their government does anything on the world stage: well obviously it's bad, but I will remind you I did :vote: so what more could I possibly be expected to do?

yankees talking about Russians: if you are not personally tearing down every institution you live under with your own two hands, then you are fully and completly complicit in everything Putler is doing

[-] BodyBySisyphus@hexbear.net 36 points 7 months ago

I had a professor once who said "The Cold War made an entire generation of Americans stupid." Looks like he was undercounting.

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 32 points 7 months ago

I wonder if we could turn Anastasia into one of history's greatest monsters entirely by insisting she had the Evil Russian Genes.

[-] Collatz_problem@hexbear.net 8 points 7 months ago

Romanovs were 99% German by this point.

[-] FortifiedAttack@hexbear.net 23 points 7 months ago

I am torn who I should trust more these days -- a product created by a Russian, or another product also created by a Russian 🤔

[-] oregoncom@hexbear.net 22 points 7 months ago

Russian guy makes nginx, his company gets bought by some American bazingas, they fire him because of Russian sanctions but he still contributes code. Whole thing is bullshit. Fuck SV fuck bazingas.

[-] footfaults@hexbear.net 12 points 7 months ago

F5 sucks. They ruin everything they touch and their home grown products suck ass, especially their firewalls

[-] goferking0@lemmy.sdf.org 12 points 7 months ago

I'm just amazed at how they can make such shit ui/ux

[-] footfaults@hexbear.net 3 points 7 months ago

Yeah, and honestly their REST APIs are just as bad. The AS3 API is awful and the firewall APIs are bad too.

this post was submitted on 15 Feb 2024
90 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15896 readers
454 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS