top 4 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] wccrawford@lemmyonline.com 6 points 1 year ago

When they didn't mention gaming at all, I had a feeling that something about the device made it unsuitable for it. It seems crazy to not advertise it to the current biggest market for that kind of device otherwise.

I suspect this isn't quite the reason, but that there are reasons beyond it.

[-] merc@sh.itjust.works 4 points 1 year ago

That seems like it's just a setting. If it turns out that it's a problem, Apple could release a patch that lets users define a safe "gaming volume".

It would be different if it were a design issue, like "can't be used for dark immersive gaming because too much light leaks in".

[-] Dindonmasker@sh.itjust.works 4 points 1 year ago

The vision pro doesn't have controllers so by default 99% of VR games are unsuitable for it so might as well focus on other stuff while they figure that out. People are definitely going to make games for it with eye and hand tracking.

[-] Defaced@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Makes sense, the vision pro is a device created for people ready to take the next jump in computing, for people with the funds and the desire to be a beta tester in a new compute space. It's not meant for gaming power users.

this post was submitted on 23 Jun 2023
12 points (100.0% liked)

Games

16439 readers
678 users here now

Video game news oriented community. No NanoUFO is not a bot :)

Posts.

1. News oriented content (general reviews, previews or retrospectives allowed).
  2. Broad discussion posts (preferably not only about a specific game).
  3. No humor/memes etc..
  4. No affiliate links
  5. No advertising.
  6. No clickbait, editorialized, sensational titles. State the game in question in the title. No all caps.
  7. No self promotion.
  8. No duplicate posts, newer post will be deleted unless there is more discussion in one of the posts.
  9. No politics.

Comments.

1. No personal attacks.
  2. Obey instance rules.
  3. No low effort comments(one or two words, emoji etc..)
  4. Please use spoiler tags for spoilers.

My goal is just to have a community where people can go and see what new game news is out for the day and comment on it.

Other communities:

Beehaw.org gaming

Lemmy.ml gaming

lemmy.ca pcgaming

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS