submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by fucker@lemmy.world to c/internetfuneral@lemmy.world

As you see from the screenshot, internet funeral is now featured on the first page of lemmy.world communities. I just wanna say thanks to anyone who have contributed to this community, weather posing or commenting. I never thought in a tech focused instance, that a sub as weird as mine would be this popular. I doubt this would last for long, but I appreciate the support. I will keep posting as long as I can.

Cheers. (づ๑•ᴗ•๑)づ♡

top 14 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] dmention7@lemm.ee 26 points 1 year ago

I like it. It's hard to describe, but it feels like absurdist GenZ humor dished up in a way that's familiar to those of us who grew up on lolcats and rage comics. You have successfully bridged a generational gap with memes.

Keep on keepin on.

[-] Coelacanth@feddit.nu 10 points 1 year ago

Yeah, I think that's a good way to describe it. Though I like Internet Funeral stuff best when it's not so much humour but leaning into the absurdist/surrealist/somber tone more.

Regardless, this has been one of my favourite communities.

[-] fucker@lemmy.world 7 points 1 year ago

(´。• ◡ •。`) ♡

[-] midori@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

When starting a new game, and I don't like the default name, I name it FUCKER.

[-] fucker@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago
[-] skyler@lemmy.world 8 points 1 year ago

I'm glad to see internet funeral thriving on Lemmy.

It was one of my favorite subreddits so I was disappointed when I migrated to Lemmy and there wasn't a similar community here. I was so excited when I saw this community while scrolling through All recently.

Thanks for all your work getting this community started!

[-] kapx132@lemmy.world 6 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Congrats! I really enjoy the surrealism of this place, if i ever find some surreal photos i will be sure to post them in here. ~~Also i was suprised to see the Autism community that i moderate included in a screenshot on another community.~~

[-] fucker@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

( •◡-)-♡

[-] AFLYINTOASTER@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

You're one of the autism guys? I love that sub, glad to see you're here too.

[-] mojo@lemm.ee 4 points 1 year ago

RIP to this sub

In a good way tho

[-] Spliffman1@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

I never knew internetfuneral on Reddit, I didn't do much on Reddit. And to be honest I don't fully understand it on Lemmy, I saw a few things I liked in my everything feed, and I liked the name of the mod so fuck, I'm here, striving to understand

[-] fucker@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Did you see the explaination post? For some reason it doesn't shkw for some instances.

[-] Spliffman1@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's all beyond me. All good. I'll see it when I see it. Still don't fully get it. Enjoy. I don't like funerals anyway lol

[-] RoccosBasilisk@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Thank for for this, instant sub

this post was submitted on 04 Aug 2023
209 points (97.7% liked)

internet funeral

6830 readers
2 users here now

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤart of the internet

What is this place?

!hmmm@lemmy.world with text and titles

• post obscure and surreal art with text

• nothing memetic, nothing boring

• unique textural art images

• Post only images or gifs (except for meta posts)

Guidlines

• no video posts are allowed

• No memes. Not even surreal ones. Post your memes on !surrealmemes@sh.itjust.works instead

• If your submission can be posted to !hmmm@lemmy.world (I.e. no text images), It should be posted there instead

This is a curated magazine. Post anything and everything. It will either stay up or be lost into the void.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS