top 21 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] kagrocery@midwest.social 26 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Listen here OP, Kansas reelected a Democratic governor and rejected a constitutional abortion amendment in separate elections in 2022. Kansas is doing all right in my book.

[-] psycho_driver@lemmy.world 28 points 8 months ago

Kansas is doing all right in my book.

I live in Kansas and I wish. The abortion thing was a pleasant surprise, though.

[-] snooggums@kbin.social 16 points 8 months ago

Yay, it didn't get worse.

[-] kagrocery@midwest.social 9 points 8 months ago

Born and raised in Kansas, currently reside in Nebraska. If you’re left of center, you take any win you can get. For example…. https://twitter.com/KETV/status/1744898109937770620

[-] TokenBoomer@lemmy.world 4 points 8 months ago
[-] kagrocery@midwest.social 4 points 8 months ago

Oh I know, it’s 20 years old now.

[-] TokenBoomer@lemmy.world 5 points 8 months ago

Knew I should’ve gone with “Atlas Bugged.” Oh well.

[-] Sharpiemarker@startrek.website 15 points 8 months ago

Every time I see one of these stickers on a lifted Dodge Cummins diesel, I always think to myself "what is it you can't say that you really want to?" Then I realize they're just mad because they can't say the N-word any more.

[-] TokenBoomer@lemmy.world 5 points 8 months ago

People think it isn’t like that, but it is. Pain turned to hate, projected outward.

[-] Sharpiemarker@startrek.website 2 points 8 months ago

I'm confused what you mean by "pain turned to hate."

[-] TokenBoomer@lemmy.world 4 points 8 months ago

The suffering we all endure, without the means to understand or navigate it. They project their hate for society into others.

[-] tacosplease@lemmy.world 4 points 8 months ago

It's crazy how many black people I see with this sticker.

[-] Sharpiemarker@startrek.website 5 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

I've noticed that as well and I'm of the opinion that it's half people who actually feel they're oppressed and the other half are trying to seem less threatening to police.

[-] optissima@lemmy.world 4 points 8 months ago

I can confirm I got pulled over way less when my car came with a police union sticker shadow I couldn't remove, and when I was their demeanor changed when they approached the vehicle from behind.

[-] thoughtorgan@lemmy.world 0 points 8 months ago

Black people aren't allowed to like the Gadsen? Why?

[-] tacosplease@lemmy.world 3 points 8 months ago

Because it's been adopted by the conservatives. Sucks because it's an awesome flag. Now it's basically a "Try that in a small town" sticker.

It's a visual representation of support for conservative bullshit. People who don't support that nonsense shouldn't use their symbols because it makes it seem like those ideas have more support than they actually do, which emboldens conservatives.

[-] thoughtorgan@lemmy.world -2 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Just because people you disagree with also like a flag doesn't make it bad?

That flag is American as hell.

Also, there's lots of black conservatives?

[-] psycho_driver@lemmy.world 9 points 8 months ago

No step on snek!

[-] r3df0x@7.62x54r.ru 8 points 8 months ago
[-] TokenBoomer@lemmy.world 2 points 8 months ago

Why are they shoeless when sponsored by Nike? /s

[-] some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org 1 points 8 months ago

What's the Matter with Kansas?

I lived in that state when they were trying to remove evolution from schools. Roommate was a young-earth-creationist. Didn't know until after we signed the lease. Many great debates in the evenings. He killed himself when he was divorced. I still blame his parents.

this post was submitted on 10 Jan 2024
278 points (94.0% liked)

Political Memes

5268 readers
2195 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS