• Yellow pear tomatoes
  • More mushrooms
  • Sauteed Kohlrabi
  • Kohlrabi Greens
  • Roasted Beef Femurs
  • Rosemary
  • Parsley

Highlights of the last 24 Hours:

The early taste tests were amazing. The broth was so clear, and I was really impressed with the depth and complexity of flavor I'd created. My first real entry about it was when I sat down with a bowl at 7am today.

"No broth tasting this time, not from the pot. But the bowl I poured... the broth though brown is so CLEAR.. I am flabbergasted. 191F"

I added the extra jalapeño and banana peppers... I swear I thought it was a good idea. It wasn't a bad one, per se-- just a spicy one.

After adding the femur bones and sautéed kohlrabi, it deepened the flavor a bit-- but didn't cut the pepper heat, which is fine. Hence, my 9pm Entry:

"THASSA SPICY MEATBALL! Added green peppers to hopefully cool it some. 205F"

Currently eating my second bowl-- fifteen hours after the first, and 24 hours after beginning the cook. Its got a bit of an oily layer, which makes sense between the bones and the butter I sautéed the kohlrabi in.

I inhaled instead of swallowing at one point, so the heat is making my eyes water. Once I stopped forgetting how to breathe, though-- I realized the heat is more lingering on the tongue and lips than really being WAY too hot... I think I may have conflated temperature heat with Scoville heat.

Tastes damn good tho!

top 1 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Brunbrun6766@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I've always wanted to try something like this, the kind of strew they'd have just going constantly in an old tavern. Keep the updates coming!

this post was submitted on 28 Jul 2023
2 points (100.0% liked)

Perpetually Stewed

0 readers
4 users here now

Community for those interested in Perpetual Stew.

I made this community because I can't post to my own profile on Lemmy.

No slurs, racism, sexism, calls to violence... etc etc. I'll update this later.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS