all 48 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ZapataCadabra@hexbear.net 46 points 10 months ago

See but Kissinger felt like a worthy adversary. A cold, calculating man who you could despise but also know he was smart and crucial in shepherding the empire.

Bolton is a raving lunatic who just wants to bomb Iran and will settle for any point on the map remotely close to it. He didn't earn shit, he made his name during Bush 2 when America had no powerful adversaries. He didn't mastermind shit, he just got to ride with the new cabal in power.

Dick Cheney is my generation's Kissinger. Dick Cheney is who we direct all our hexes and curses towards. And unlike Kissinger, Cheney made sure to get paid handsomely for his tenure as evil advisor to the emperor.

[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago

First as tragedy, then as farce.

[-] aaro@hexbear.net 34 points 10 months ago

Nah it's gotta be McConnell, for a few reasons but mostly because it'll probably be very, very soon by the look of things

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 34 points 10 months ago

Dick Cheney is still alive

[-] Mokey@hexbear.net 5 points 10 months ago

Definitely chemey

[-] Evilphd666@hexbear.net 1 points 10 months ago
[-] HexReplyBot@hexbear.net 1 points 10 months ago

I found a YouTube link in your comment. Here are links to the same video on alternative frontends that protect your privacy:

[-] FumpyAer@hexbear.net 26 points 10 months ago

As horrible as John Bolton is (and fuck msnbc and all MSM for giving him the time of day), we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by choosing a 75 year old.

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 12 points 10 months ago

I mean many Kissinger obits were written back in the 80s and 90s, we can hold onto our hopes for years. I'd say it's a mistake picking someone so close to death when we could have another 20 years of Boltonposting

[-] HelloKittyGoodbye@lemmy.ml 18 points 10 months ago

Can we do Dick Cheney instead?

[-] ZapataCadabra@hexbear.net 14 points 10 months ago

That's what I said in my comment too. Cheney served on two presidencies and made bank behind the scenes for his bloodshed. He shot a man in the face and got an apology for it. Cheney is the devil.

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 4 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

Counter point: Shooting Bush in the face is the best thing any American politician has ever done.

Edit: He did not :(

[-] AernaLingus@hexbear.net 16 points 10 months ago
[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 5 points 10 months ago

Damn, for some reason I remember it as Bush :(

It's not that I wanted to defend Dick Cheney, I just wanted to live in a world where Bush got shot in a hunting "accident"

[-] Ildsaye@hexbear.net 9 points 10 months ago

Your heart remembers this cruel cosmos denying us the shoes connecting shoe

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 5 points 10 months ago

He tried to kill Bush, so I'm not sure how I feel about him

[-] DoiDoi@hexbear.net 24 points 10 months ago

If we start focusing our energy now we might be able to time Biden slipping in the shower just right for maximum chaos

[-] HiImThomasPynchon@hexbear.net 11 points 10 months ago
[-] DoiDoi@hexbear.net 8 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

you know right after I typed that out I realized that they must have a fucking contraption to bathe that man. No way are they leaving him to a non-slip mat and some hand rails. Like he's gotta be in some kind of circus wire harness. I doubt he's getting it done alone either. Probably a whole ass shower team.

So anyway, if we start focusing our energy now, we might be able to time him slipping down the stairs of his airplane for maximum chaos.

[-] HiImThomasPynchon@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago

I'm convinced that Joe Biden died quietly at the start of the pandemic and the Joe we're seeing is an animatronic puppet designed by Jim Henson's Creature Shop. That's why he was putting out videos from his "basement" at the time. They were testing to see if anyone noticed.

[-] InevitableSwing@hexbear.net 8 points 10 months ago

Biden comes shuffling out to the media after being AWOL for 48 hours. He's grinning but he has a black eye, a big lump on his forehead. He's also moving slower than usual because he's limping slightly.

"Before you ask - I slipped in the shower. I've been checked out and everything is fine." He suddenly goes off script "And I didn't break my hip!" The uncomfortable silence only lasts a few seconds but he knows he just made his job of seeming normal ten times harder. "So you see..."

[-] ThomasMuentzner@hexbear.net 22 points 10 months ago

Maybe dont , Wishing Kissinger Dead was a extremly unsuccesfull bit..

we should wish him Health and Longivity..

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago

Doing this right now

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 20 points 10 months ago
[-] Leon_Grotsky@hexbear.net 18 points 10 months ago

Elliot Abrams still out there ghouling it up as well.

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 3 points 10 months ago

Elliot Abrams is a better pick than Bolton, I have to admit

[-] Wheaties@hexbear.net 17 points 10 months ago

There's always second Koch brother

[-] GeorgeZBush@hexbear.net 16 points 10 months ago
[-] LeZero@hexbear.net 11 points 10 months ago

Still one of the most surreal thing I've ever watch, like Fox guys probably thought Mullen was a right wing personality because of a tweet or something but still

[-] blight@hexbear.net 10 points 10 months ago

what the fuck

this is real

[-] GeorgeZBush@hexbear.net 3 points 10 months ago
[-] HexReplyBot@hexbear.net 1 points 10 months ago

I found a YouTube link in your comment. Here are links to the same video on alternative frontends that protect your privacy:

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 14 points 10 months ago

Great pick honestly

[-] Timberknave@hexbear.net 12 points 10 months ago
[-] MerryChristmas@hexbear.net 10 points 10 months ago

I know it already happened but it's going to be a long time before I stop wishing death to Kissinger.

[-] barrbaric@hexbear.net 8 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

We gotta make sure he stays down there for at least a year and a day before we stop.

[-] renatadeux@hexbear.net 9 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

yes, an incompetent Dulles doctrine acolyte who was in turn acolyte to a more competent Dulles doctrine demon (h w bush). other people might have more individual 'merits' but he represents an important type of cog in the post eisenhower machine

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 8 points 10 months ago

why why why why why why not biden, jack?

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 4 points 10 months ago

Biden pulled America out of Afghanistan at least. John Bolton did foreign policy for Bush and Reagan.

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

Trump started it so Biden had no choice.

Plus the introduction of mass produced fentanyl made opium less profitable, so the CIA had no reason to stay anymore. It wasn’t some anti-imperialist move, it was an empire cutting its losses to prepare for war in Ukraine (began only months later)

Are we really currently defending genocide Joe who has started multiple wars and backs the genocide of Gaza?

[-] LeylaLove@hexbear.net 3 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

You asked why I picked Bolton instead of Biden, no need to get smug over me answering your question by telling you why I dislike Bolton more. Bolton is an unapologetic war hawk with him hands all over American foreign policy since the 80s.

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 7 points 10 months ago

So is Biden and he’s actively in charge of the military right now and using it to enact genocide

[-] asg101@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago

Cheney next is my vote.

[-] plinky@hexbear.net 5 points 10 months ago

Blinken or biden, cmon, hope bigger

[-] BigBoyKarlLiebknecht@hexbear.net 4 points 10 months ago
[-] HexReplyBot@hexbear.net 2 points 10 months ago

this post was submitted on 08 Dec 2023
139 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13469 readers
1127 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS