submitted 10 months ago by slaypuree@lemmy.world to c/bayarea@lemmy.world
all 12 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Followupquestion@lemm.ee 13 points 10 months ago

“ Other country agencies were also at the event to provide other services. The district attorney’s office distributed gun — which are crucial for safe gun storage”

This is probably a bad editing job, but I do enjoy the idea of the DA distributing guns because they’re necessary for safe gun storage. It’s technically correct, the best kind of correct.

[-] OneOrTheOtherDontAskMe@lemmy.world 5 points 10 months ago

"Can't store your guns safely and properly without having some guns. Here's a gun to get you started."

[-] teft@startrek.website 2 points 10 months ago
[-] Followupquestion@lemm.ee 1 points 10 months ago

I assumed, just amused at how much differently it reads as edited. Also, alli reading it right that they were giving out gun locks at a buyback? The people there just literally sold them the absolute cheapest guns for gift cards and they think there’s more guns at home?

[-] teft@startrek.website -3 points 10 months ago

Anti gun people aren’t the smartest. I’m all for gun control but maybe learn a little about weapons before you make laws and do buybacks that accomplish nothing. Just saying.

[-] Ab_intra@lemmy.world 4 points 10 months ago

That's pretty neat. Here in my country we have that kind of amnesty ones ever couple of years where you can return the firearm that is illegaly or legally held without prosecution.

this post was submitted on 03 Dec 2023
60 points (92.9% liked)

Bay Area

1325 readers
19 users here now

Discussion for all things Bay Area.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS