submitted 1 year ago by hahattpro@lemmy.world to c/books@lemmy.world
  • Need suggestion novel(s)/series on medieval setting with good world-building.

• Prefer peaceful story with less warfares/politics. I have enough of war and politics stuff. I want peace.

top 9 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] starlinguk@kbin.social 5 points 1 year ago

The Bookseller's Tale by Ann Swinfen. You'll end up trying to find the locations on maps of Oxford.

[-] Andjhostet@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

Don Quixote?

[-] decenthuman@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Fool by Christopher Moore

This may not be exactly what you're looking for but it's lighthearted and medieval. I picked it up because i was told it was as if The King's Wit from The Way of Kings wrote a book, if you've read that.

It does have politics but they couldnt be described as serious at all. It's funny and lewd and a bit immature but i really enjoyed it.

[-] dresden 2 points 1 year ago

Have you read Tress of the Emerald Sea, it's written in the style of Hoid telling a story. It's a really fun book.

Actually, this might be a good suggestion for OP too. @hahattpro@lemmy.world . If you like The Princess Bride, you should enjoy the book. Though, most of the book is on the ship, so not sure if it exactly meets your medieval requirement.

[-] hahattpro@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago
[-] decenthuman@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I started it but stopped after seeing it was Hoid. I havent read Mistborn yet and Wit was by far my favorite character in Way of Kings. I was

spoilera bit bummed to find out he was across all the books in the way i did. I dont even know his whole deal yet but i imagine his reveal in the Way of Kings was a big deal and wish i found out that way.

I have The Final Empire now and plan on reading it after i finish book 2 of The Witcher.

[-] HeReads@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

I mean, Pillars of the a Earth, almost fits your description. There are no "wars" in the story, and the politics are local and minor to the story, but it is not exactly peaceful. Beautiful story though.

this post was submitted on 26 Jul 2023
17 points (100.0% liked)

Books

4086 readers
12 users here now

A community for all things related to Books.

Rules

1. Be Nice

Official Bingo Posts:

Related Communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS