submitted 1 year ago by Evolone@lemmy.ml to c/mlemapp@lemmy.ml

How can I see notifications on Mlem? I had a bunch of responses to a comment I made and had no idea because I was browsing on Mlem. I don’t see any way to easily access my own posts/comments, nor see responses to those. I had to get into the web app to see that I had like 7 notifications.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

top 8 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml 4 points 1 year ago

The "Messages" function is currently an upcoming feature and does not currently work. As an early beta, the app is not yet feature-complete.

[-] Evolone@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

Ah ok, good to know! I get that it’s all early and still in development. I really enjoy the app so far - but the messages and notifications features would really make it top for me!

[-] Anissem@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 year ago

Same here. I click ‘Messages’ and it’s just my username and a 6 digit number

[-] Evolone@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 year ago

Yep! That’s what I’m seeing and it is pretty frustrating.

[-] Anissem@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 year ago

Hopefully that’s at the top of the bug list

[-] borlax@lemmy.borlax.com 2 points 1 year ago

Let’s remember this is a beta app that we all got via TestFlight, not the normal App Store.

[-] Evolone@lemmy.ml 4 points 1 year ago

Oh for sure. I am very appreciative of the dev and everyone working to help shape it into the best version it can be! My apologies if my post came off as snarky, it wasn’t intentional.

[-] borlax@lemmy.borlax.com 2 points 1 year ago

No worries, sorry as well if mine came off mean. Just seen a fair amount of posts where people seem to not fully understand the TestFlight is basically open beta.

this post was submitted on 11 Jun 2023
2 points (100.0% liked)

Mlem for Lemmy

5379 readers
1 users here now

Official community for Mlem, a free and open-source iOS Lemmy client.

Rules

1. Keep it civil.
  2. This is a forum for discussion about Mlem. We welcome a degree of general chatter, but anything not related to Mlem may be removed at moderator discretion. This is not a forum for iPhone/Android debate. Posts and comments saying nothing but "iOS bad/I use Android" will be removed as off-topic.
  3. We welcome constructive criticism, but ask that it be both precise and polite.

FAQ

Download Mlem for iOS

GitHub

Website

Donate to Mlem

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS