submitted 11 months ago by ChrisMcMillan@lemm.ee to c/dfw@lemmy.world

According to this meteorologist not, but low thirties

top 1 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] autotldr@lemmings.world 2 points 11 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Not really, said Miles Langfeld, meteorologist at the National Weather Service’s Fort Worth office.

“We could see some lows dip into the 30s, but it doesn’t look like we’re gonna get to freezing right now,” Langfeld said.

A deadly icy pileup on I-35W in February 2021 involving 130 cars, trucks and semis left six people dead — changing the lives of hundreds including rescuers who rushed to the scene just north of downtown Fort Worth.

For example, whenever North Texas records its first freeze in the next couple months, it will be for the 2023-2024 season.

Nearly 125 years ago, the earliest first freeze of the season ever recorded in North Texas by NWS was on Oct. 22, 1898.

Over the last decade, November has been the sweet spot for the first freeze of the season in North Texas:

The original article contains 401 words, the summary contains 139 words. Saved 65%. I'm a bot and I'm open source!

this post was submitted on 27 Oct 2023
7 points (100.0% liked)

Dallas-Fort Worth

547 readers
4 users here now

DFW is a home for discussion and content related to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We strive to be a friendly and welcoming community to all of our users whether they are longtime residents of DFW, newcomers, curious Lemmers, or just visiting. Howdy y'all.

Don't miss : c/Texas

Sister City Communities:

Rules:

1. Be kind.
  2. No spam or soliciting for money.
  3. No racism or other bigotry allowed.
  4. Obviously nothing illegal.

If you see these please report them.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS