submitted 1 year ago by oc53bz@lemmy.ml to c/degoogle@lemmy.ml

Not surprising that Google wants to sell your income information on the Nexus, but a good story to share with family and friends still plugged into the Matrix.

top 7 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] sneaky_b45tard@feddit.de 5 points 1 year ago

Any more info on that? I don't see an article, only the dangerous hoodie guy

[-] oc53bz@lemmy.ml 9 points 1 year ago

Hmm, not a lot of xp posting on Lemmy, I could have made a mistake. Here’s the link

https://www.techspot.com/news/99399-tax-preparation-companies-tracked-users-shared-sensitive-data.html

[-] RustyRaven@aussie.zone 8 points 1 year ago

Why do you need more info? Any claim presented with a picture of a dangerous hoodie guy is obviously legit.

[-] ExtremeDullard@lemmy.sdf.org 2 points 1 year ago

From TFA:

Meta spokesman stated that the company's policies on advertising are very clear and transmitting sensitive information about people is against the rules

That's rich coming from Facebook. Do they think people have forgotten Cambridge Analytica?

[-] livus@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

If I understand correctly, legislative capture by tax prep companies is why Americans can't have simple, one click online tax filing like most of us.

I think these companies should be satisfied with that. Data sharing on top of it seems like they're just being egregious for the hell of it.

this post was submitted on 16 Jul 2023
71 points (98.6% liked)

DeGoogle Yourself

7743 readers
3 users here now

A community for those that would like to get away from Google.

Here you may post anything related to DeGoogling, why we should do it or good software alternatives!

Rules

1. Be respectful even in disagreement

2. No advertising unless it is very relevent and justified. Do not do this excessively.

3. No low value posts / memes. We or you need to learn, or discuss something.

Related communities

!privacyguides@lemmy.one !privacy@lemmy.ml !privatelife@lemmy.ml !linuxphones@lemmy.ml !fossdroid@social.fossware.space !fdroid@lemmy.ml

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS