CW: racism

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] DanComrd@hexbear.net 75 points 11 months ago

Fuckin tell us why their IQ is low! Fuckin tell us why they are marrying their cousins!

Go on Nazi, speak!

![pit](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/be3d62a8-185c-4d1a-bc2b-8963a3d1d3cc.png "emoji pit") ![stalin-gun-1](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/7e9ef62d-28a8-4cb8-b3c6-11eea30a36b0.png "emoji stalin-gun-1")![stalin-gun-2](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/64996d03-2801-4764-b12a-8e1899c67c9a.png "emoji stalin-gun-2")

It's not like they are literally living in an open air prison. It's not like they are living amongst the worst human conditions ever. It's not like their schools are getting nuked every fuckin week.

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] FnordPrefect@hexbear.net 72 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)
  1. He knows that Forrest Gump was a fictional character right?

2. Maybe I'm just a bleeding-heart, but I thought the take away from the movie was that, despite performing poorly on the IQ test, Forrest frequently proved himself to be worthy of basic human respect and dignity. Is there like an unrated version that is just about how the bullies in the truck chase scene (cw: ableist slurs) were justified in subjecting him to cruelty and violence because of his test results that the libs like so much?

[-] FlakesBongler@hexbear.net 44 points 11 months ago

The intended point of Forrest Gump was "Boy, we lived through some good times didn't we? Also, loose women deserve to die"

[-] cryptymythy@hexbear.net 40 points 11 months ago

"If you just put your head down and do your job everything will be awesome. Also all counter culture is bad."

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 40 points 11 months ago

The point was "member this boomers? member this? member this? PAY ME MONEY. GIVE ME OSCAR."

[-] EmmaGoldman@hexbear.net 21 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

Ready Player One and Forrest Gump are the same movie for Gen X and Boomers respectively.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] DayOfDoom@hexbear.net 28 points 11 months ago

Americans also watched the movie Babe and still eat bacon. They don't develop empathy from media.

[-] DayOfDoom@hexbear.net 31 points 11 months ago

Coworkers I have, Canadians, main takeaway from the vegan documentary Seaspiracy was that they shouldn't buy tuna because there are dolphins in it and that's it.

[-] the_post_of_tom_joad@hexbear.net 16 points 11 months ago

iiiif i had heard bacon was made from youuuuuuuuu

i'd still eat it daily bit i'm not cruuuuuuuuuelll

meeeee deeeee yaaaaaa told me it was just fiiiiiine

because you aren't even huuuuumankiiiind

![rat-salute](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/94bcb899-8542-45fb-9dd7-b4a49a944346.png "emoji rat-salute") 🎢 ![rat-salute](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/94bcb899-8542-45fb-9dd7-b4a49a944346.png "emoji rat-salute") 🎢 ![rat-salute](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/94bcb899-8542-45fb-9dd7-b4a49a944346.png "emoji rat-salute") 🎢

[-] SacredExcrement@hexbear.net 56 points 11 months ago

Literally been studies done showing that intelligence and living conditions are massively correlated (funnily enough, usually the studies involve minorities in the US), in addition to things like school quality, food quality, familial stability, how war torn the country is, and so on.

You know.

All things that people living in Gaza do NOT have.

But putting ALL of that aside...this freak is saying it's fine to murder 'stupid' people?

[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 15 points 11 months ago

Yeah but these freaks think that IQ is genetic. They think they're naturally that way. They think IQ tests are unbiased.

[-] Zrc@hexbear.net 55 points 11 months ago

why can't these people read after we've bombed all their schools? clearly they're genetically inferior!

[-] lckdscl@whiskers.bim.boats 50 points 11 months ago

IQ is a fucking terrible metric, for once, but has he ever wondered why that's the case?? Can this guy not see that they have one of the worst living conditions on this planet?

🀒 I've had enough of these fascists, we had the Canadian NaziGate and now plenty more excuses to outright flatten Palestine.

Wall. Now. (Or 100 years of labor camp)

[-] cricbuzz@hexbear.net 37 points 11 months ago

Also the average age in Gaza is 18, so even if IQ were a metric that was actually real and mattered, you're doing an IQ test on children

[-] silent_water@hexbear.net 23 points 11 months ago

they normalize it for this reason against your age group but it's still a test that presumes you're as educated as a wealthy, white European that's as old as you are.

[-] cricbuzz@hexbear.net 20 points 11 months ago

oh didn't see that. but still completely useless measurement, like meyers-briggs. as you point out, the creators of the test define intelligence based on white/euro ideals, then test others based on that useless setup

https://srslywrong.com/podcast/253-why-iq-is-bullshit/

[-] Wheaties@hexbear.net 36 points 11 months ago

It's like when chuds look at the US locking up black people at, like, 6 times the rate of white people, then insist it's not the result of systemic racism but instead a confirmation of their own racist beliefs.

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 23 points 11 months ago

"Yeah America just has 5 times the amount of violent criminals as other societies, which is why we need 5 times the prisoners per capita. Why does it have so much more criminals? Anything to do with poverty or the arrangement of society? Nope, it's because America isn't "homogenous" πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 46 points 11 months ago

Forrest Gump is not a real person...

[-] BurgerPunk@hexbear.net 42 points 11 months ago

For context, Forrest Gump is not a real person

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] coeliacmccarthy@hexbear.net 41 points 11 months ago

damn, someone should kill him with a gun

[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 40 points 11 months ago

IQ demolished. Definitively. Goodbye IQ. You’re not real. Brain numbers are a foolish undertaking, tied to unimaginable suffering and horror. You are not science. Bye bye.

https://srslywrong.com/podcast/253-why-iq-is-bullshit/

[-] axont@hexbear.net 40 points 11 months ago

Is this guy saying Forest Gump should be genocided or what

[-] Dolores@hexbear.net 32 points 11 months ago

he's covering all his nazi policy bases

[-] culpritus@hexbear.net 40 points 11 months ago

British IQ

:calipers:

[-] AssortedBiscuits@hexbear.net 37 points 11 months ago

mfw my military is getting repeatedly owned by a band of Forrest Gumps

[-] GnastyGnuts@hexbear.net 36 points 11 months ago

Damn, if that's true it makes it funnier when these zionist losers get fucking owned by them.

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 32 points 11 months ago

67.9 IQ Palestinians just running circles around the IDF and making them look like incompetent fools

[-] GenderIsOpSec@hexbear.net 35 points 11 months ago
[-] OprahsedCreature@lemmy.ml 28 points 11 months ago

It's a classic!

[-] BurgerPunk@hexbear.net 34 points 11 months ago

American Measurents:

Length in Football Fields

Death Tolls in 9/11's

Intelligence in Forrest Gumps

[-] ultraviolet@hexbear.net 34 points 11 months ago

despite having "high iq", crackers are some of the dumbest people on this planet

[-] Dolores@hexbear.net 26 points 11 months ago

i made a phrenology test about all the things im specifically acculturated to and educated in. if you take it it will prove you are my moral and intellectual inferior.

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] trillian@hexbear.net 31 points 11 months ago

That average IQ is for a group of CHILDREN (8-18 year olds). Assuming an even distribution of ages, this is slightly above the global average for that age group.

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 27 points 11 months ago

supposedly IQ is normalized by age, but actually it's a made up metric that doesn't measure anything specific

[-] boiledfrog@hexbear.net 30 points 11 months ago

The only IQ test that I believe, is that when you take IQ seriously you are a big dumbdumb poopoohead

[-] BurgerPunk@hexbear.net 20 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

This is the only test that is 100% accurate

[-] adultswim_antifa@hexbear.net 28 points 11 months ago

It's the Journal of Race Science, none of its claims can be trusted. It would not be published in a real scientific journal.

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 28 points 11 months ago

fascists 🀝 zionists

fellows in racism

[-] FunkyStuff@hexbear.net 25 points 11 months ago

Fascists 🀝 Zionists

being fascist

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 27 points 11 months ago

to contexualize my racist pseudoscience, here's a fictional movie

[-] iie@hexbear.net 27 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

It is extremely fucking dubious to compare IQ scores between groups living in different conditions

IQ is not a pure or universal measure of intelligence, IQ tests are biased to measure a certain kind of thinking that is not optimal in all environments. People grow up in different environments and think in different ways, and the test is gonna favor some over others.

American IQ scores increase every year, and the average American IQ score in 1932 has been back-estimated to around 80. According to the logic of this nazi on twitter, the average American in 1932 would have been Forest Gump.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/sep/23/james-flynn-iq-scores-environment

If you were asked [on an IQ test]: "What do dogs and rabbits have in common?", what would you say?

They are both mammals.

Correct. A kid in 1900 would say: "You use dogs to hunt rabbits." He would get the question wrong because, before people had lots of formal schooling, they had a utilitarian mentality, and they were fixated on the concrete world and using it to advantage. You've been raised in a scientific world where you think classifying things is an obvious prerequisite for understanding them. To you, a dog and a rabbit are just mammals; you are not interested in whether it is a beagle and good for hunting rabbits. So IQ gains over time are totally fascinating if you know how to interpret them and don't just run around saying: "Are we getting more intelligent?"

it is also pretty fucking dubious on an individual level, with many confounding effects observed

Your confidence, your beliefs about yourself and your social group, test anxiety, fear of the timer running out, fear of a bad score, and so on, all affect your score.

[-] Utter_Karate@hexbear.net 23 points 11 months ago

There is a unit of measurement called "British IQ"!?

[-] came_apart_at_Kmart@hexbear.net 23 points 11 months ago

not just Chase Geiser... but Real Chase Geiser. because this is definitely a distinct and widely-celebrated internet personality with an above average amount of imitators.

his linkedin profile outs him as one of those "most annoying shithead in the room" sort of advertising industry d-bags.

[-] seas_surround@hexbear.net 15 points 11 months ago

can we chase this geiser out of town

[-] NotErisma@hexbear.net 22 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

I hope he meets the lil slugger

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 20 points 11 months ago

A movie character (one presented sympathetically in a clumsy liberal way, but still) is the basis for that smuglord's hatred of Palestinans. ![ok](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/9278e891-6a7f-4a9c-a6d8-28ef0a2be294.png "emoji ok")

[-] TankieTanuki@hexbear.net 19 points 11 months ago
[-] FourteenEyes@hexbear.net 17 points 11 months ago

Man I wonder if cramming 2 million people into a ghetto and not allowing any of them to leave or intermarry with the locals for almost a century would have any effect on a community's gene pool

[-] corgiwithalaptop@hexbear.net 15 points 11 months ago
load more comments
view more: next β€Ί
this post was submitted on 11 Oct 2023
158 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13469 readers
856 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here