furry firefox rule (lemmy.world)
top 11 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] evergreenemily@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

I've been using Firefox since like 2010 and I don't regret it.

[-] starstorm_x1@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

My one frustration with Vivaldi is that it's based on Chromium. Yes, it also has an adblocker, but I feel uBlock Origin is more effective! If there's anything like Vivaldi, but with the Gecko engine, I would like to try it

[-] grus@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

Another aspect that people ought to consider: monopoly is actually bad. Shocker, I know.
But if you have a corporate browser engine that pretty much controls the entire browser market, then whatever standard that browser implements it will automatically become the default. That's bad, Google is evil.

[-] shroomaroomboom@kbin.social 1 points 1 year ago

I've used Firefox for a over a decade, and switched from Google to duckduckgo around the same time.

So yeah, fuck Google. Never missed them.

[-] Birb@kbin.social 0 points 1 year ago

But how long are they going support it is the question...

[-] Monologue@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

they will implement manifest v3 differently than chromium based browsers, it will not effect the functionality of adblockers

[-] DoctorForesight@kbin.social 0 points 1 year ago

I'm a big fan of Brave. It blocks ads by default

[-] 00@kbin.social 1 points 1 year ago

Eh, Brave has some things going for it, like its search engine which is apparently quite good. On the other hand its still chromium and thus legitimizes the Google Monopoly. Besides that, the crypto bs they have pushed in the past and the past monetary contributions to homophobic causes by the founder are a red flag as well.

For easy plug-and-play Librewolf and Mullvad Browser are probably the best. Although for most people it would probably make sense to enable specific cookies for sites they visit often so they stay logged in. Though there are probably easy tutorials for that online. Or, even better, use a password manager like bitwarden and install its respective browser plugin.

[-] buckykat@lemmy.fmhy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

Brave is just chrome with a crypto scam stapled on

[-] kitrune@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I don't understand why it's so popular, I tried it out but it's just chromium with an adblocker and the crypto thing added (Which is a pain to disable it completely). It's not bad, but it is not as good as people says

[-] buckykat@lemmy.fmhy.ml 2 points 1 year ago

Charitable answer: because people are too lazy and/or incompetent to install browser addons, which is really very easy to do

Suspicious answer: astroturfing

this post was submitted on 15 Jun 2023
15 points (100.0% liked)

16293 readers
2606 users here now

Be sure to follow the rule before you head out.

Rule: You must post before you leave.

^other^ ^rules^

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS