My circle of friends that use mechanical keyboards isn't that large, though I don't seem to know anyone else with as many issues as I've had with standard style MX.

My introduction to mechanical was some razer board with blues I got from a returns store, don't remember how many times I opened faulty switches to remove one of my hairs from between the contacts.
My next board I kept for years and years was a converted wy50 with black switches, same deal. Partial to a 9.75u space bar I used the wy50 caps to handwire my own keyboard and decided to use some tecsee switches so if I mess them up I wouldn't feel like I wasted much and they were the worst yet for hoovering up hair.

No one else that I know seems to ever have had a problem with it and it only got worse after getting a cat.

Early 2022 I tried kailh box switches and haven't had an issue since.

top 1 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] cerement@slrpnk.net 1 points 1 year ago

(MX switches, in general, are less susceptible to dust and dirt than Alps switches)

that being said, you » might « have better luck with box style MX switches – Kailh BOX, Gateron Box, and HaiMu / Wuque switches (as well as some of the TTC and Momoka switches) – they’re more specifically designed to keep stuff out of the switch …

this post was submitted on 14 Jul 2023
13 points (100.0% liked)

Mechanical Keyboards

8753 readers
1 users here now

Are you addicted to the clicking sounds of your beautiful and impressive mechanical keyboard?
If so, this community is for you!

Here you can discuss everything about mechanical keyboards (and only mechanical keyboards).

Banner by Jay Zhang on Unsplash

founded 4 years ago