Good.

If your "leftism" is being destroyed by the fact that trans people and tankies exist then it needs to die.

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 59 points 1 year ago

All of liberal politics is projection.

[-] Slaanesh@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

This is aneurism bingo

[-] SacredExcrement@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

Lib: "bernie bros are transphobic"

Same lib: "if you're not super hot, maybe dress normally and don't present yourself as a transvestite"

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Can we take a moment to acknowledge how astonishingly sexist and misogynistic this comment is? (Since you've already covered the transphobia angle here.)

She's telling a woman that if she isn't meeting her personal standards of beauty then she needs to cover up and dress in a way that suits her preference. She's literally body-shaming a woman and policing her self expression.

I would put money on Wu absolutely castigating a man who was in her presence if he said something like "Disgusting! Cover yourself up and show some decency. Women like you have no right to dress that way in public!!" to a woman and yet here she is doing this very thing to a trans woman.

Imagine having the audacity to complain about sexism and transphobia when you're clearly a very willing proponent of it, simply because you see trans women as being lesser than other women. (Opportunistic Feminists Don't Abandon Your Principles When Encountering a Trans Woman Challenge [impossible])

There's a special place in the gulag for people like Brianna Wu.

[-] pillow@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

if we've got the transphobia and misogyny stuff covered now, can we take another step back to acknowledge how baffling it is to think that bennie is "not super hot" in the first place

[-] Deadend@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago
[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

I have data showing that a significant portion of it was Russia trying to divide us

“I have here in my hand a list of 205 [State Department employees] that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department.”

[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

unfortunate tenancy

landlord says what?

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] axont@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago

how is it this common that a person's ideology comes down to being a transphobe or not? It's like the central dividing line in who people are. Every single time someone talks about tankies, or the left going too far, or blah blah, they're coming from a position of transphobia. It consumed them. My brain is gonna explode.

[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 50 points 1 year ago

how is it this common that a person's ideology comes down to being a transphobe or not?

Transphobia is on the borderline of being a socially permissive form of bigotry, which makes it a litmus test ideal for revealing the people who aren't open about being fascists, but still share the complete emotional and moral desolation and the political sadism of the mask-off fascists. Checking if somebody is a transphobe flushes out the ones who are too chickenshit to be, say, outright racists. Although Wu's comments about BLM in the linked tweets make me assume she's also an anti-black racist who merely had the instinct not to be open about her views in 2020.

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago

Diehard Democrats need a scapegoat because without one they are left with the painfully uncomfortable realisation that the DNC exists in a parasitical relationship with the GOP and that, in a shocking number of situations, their party would prefer a Republican victory because it provides the Democrats with huge opportunities for shifting further to the right, for preferencing the interests of capital instead of needing to make small concessions to the working class, and of course for fundraising.

So naturally it's the tankies and the trans people and the Russian bots who are ruining the so-called left. They need this to be true in order to diffuse the cognitive dissonance they experience by being a Democrat supporter.

[-] M68040@hexbear.net 23 points 1 year ago

I hate being in the middle of all this. These people need to get firmly out of my life

[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 46 points 1 year ago

Do NOT read her linked tweets if transphobia is in any way a trigger issue for you. Seriously. It's honestly almost what i would have suspected from somebody who hangs out with V*ush, but still, this is pit material.

Death to all transphobes, no exceptions, particularly not for this traitor.

[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

If I’m willing to throw Paul Cockschott in the pit (and I am, even acknowledging how much he has helped me understand Marxism), then I sure as hell ain’t making an exception for this rando.

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago

Hey wait a minute I'm both of those

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago

You just killed leftism singlehandedly /s

[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

Only if she got to it before me.

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

update: trans people are too attractive for beauty contests, too smart to play chess, too strong, tall, and fast to be a professional athlete, always have the moral high ground, can cause floods, alter the environment of the planet single handedly, are single handedly destroying leftism, and can kill god.

[-] Huldra@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

One of the most cynical people I have witnessed, simultaneously issuing nakedly insincere half-apologies about how its wrong to be mean(transphobic) to people just because of online beef, while also openly liking tweets that are just people posting "I love transphobia and Brianna Wu! She's epic based and said nothing wrong!" as if she's pretending to be unaware that people can just see what she likes on twitter.

Offering a shit sandwich apology then spitting in it right in front of everyone for good measure, just to add insult.

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 23 points 1 year ago

With that in mind it's really no wonder why she was the ideal Dem candidate

[-] janny@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

Honestly while I haven't followed her political career if I could make a guess the good news is her campaign won't get anywhere. Internet weirdos really think they can take on a democratic party political machine but I'm sure there's gonna be an establishment democrat or two that's gonna see that some internet weirdo is their main left-wing primary component and is gonna say "Game" and flood the race with money so hard that I'd be surprised if she gets a double digit primary vote.

Even if she does win, unless she's in a safe state then I'm sure she'll get cut off by the DNC for daring to run against their anointed democrat and will get absolutely smashed by a car dealership owner.

This was my first impression before even googling her, I wonder how close/far my speculation is to the truth

[-] janny@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago

I was wrong about her being in district where she could lose to a republican but yeah I was right. Every medium sized half-urbanized area has "The Progressive Crank" that takes all of the air out of the room when it comes to forming an electoral opposition to the maineline democrat. My city's version of this is a local progressive who is well liked by some parts of the labor movement but the rest of the left stays away from due to his abusive behavior towards his former spouse.

[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago

Yeah I mean this was over state party leadership not one election but when the DSA took over the Nevada DNC, the national party and opponents in the state party treated it like the DSA folks were peasants in medieval uprising, so they laid siege to the town.

[-] Frogmanfromlake@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago
[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

I’m trying to find out, but I’m not seeing much online. The old DNC folks who lost basically took all the money with them. I seem to recall hearing that the DNC did eventually squeeze out the DSA people but I can’t find a proper news article about it.

[-] Cromalin@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

i love that dems are copying labour, this rules. i love having the liberals trying to outflank the conservatives on transphobia and red scare tactics

[-] iridaniotter@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

Dems aren't doing that. They're doing the age-old "you want to put all trans people in camps, so let's compromise and just kill some". This person is just starting their right wing grift arc like Sameera Khan

[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

Brianna Wu hardly represents the establishment party line though. Not that I'm saying its much different, I just want to clarify that Wu was an outsider candidate that didnt even make the Ballot.

[-] drinkinglakewater@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

Basically being like "if I spoke up about BLM being bad we wouldn't have tankies in the democratic party and trans people would respect the gender binary" is straight up reactionary, why would anyone want her on their side

As an aside, is there a term or phrase for when someone starts doing a West Wing monologue in a group chat?

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

As an aside, is there a term or phrase for when someone starts doing a West Wing monologue in a group chat?

...Sorkinizing, maybe?

[-] laziestflagellant@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

I feel like we're about nine months out from her dumping 'leftism' entirely and finally joining Candace Owens on the ex-gamergate person of interest turned alt-right grifter

[-] pillow@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago

she's practically teetering on the edge of a "why I left the left" moment

[-] GarbageShoot@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

What party did tankies "take over"?

[-] ReadFanon@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

The Bolshevik Party. 1917 never forgetti.

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago

If BriannaWu wants to credit tankies with pronouns (probably referring to neopronouns and Feinberg) and defeating transmedicalism I say we lean into it.

Some of the best trans victories in recent years have been driven by marxist-leninists and if these toolbags are admitting that then we should agree and take ownership of it.

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

calling her an "activist" honestly gives her too much credit. the issue she first got any attention for was getting cyberbullied by dumbass gamers. she hasn't done or said anything else that was noteworthy.

[-] djphdk@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

"Cissy Hippo Pub"

![visible-disgust](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/d22ab15c-d435-4347-abfd-5f34e1988e04.png "emoji visible-disgust")

[-] NotErisma@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Cissy hippo pub

transphobia

We need to escalate beyond a dunk tank for these vile people. They need the pit.

[-] batsforpeace@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

when she goes on Leo Laporte's tech podcast (which itself is mainstream/pro corp) she talks like a regular dem political aspirant, very safe and fearful of stepping over whatever boundaries they enforce for themselves, nothing progressive in her messaging

[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

Its a misrepresentation that the title called her an aspirational congresswoman, she ran once in 2020, didnt make the Ballot, and isnt running again. To my knowledge anyway.

Sorry. I agree the dems suck but Autism says I have to be accurate here.

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

aspirational congresswoman

She was an aspirational congresswoman the way someone that buys a lottery ticket is an aspirational millionaire.

[-] Frogmanfromlake@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

You have to be completely delirious to believe Marxist-Leninists took over anything in the Democratic Party. One look at their foreign policy towards China shows that isn't the case. She's tried to run before and lost. Can't really see this going anywhere than a one-time stint before falling off after the novelty wears off. And that's being generous.

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

"Free college and legal weed only" pop-progressives are wreckers against actual leftism.

[-] disco@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

I've never been inclined to credit her for much more than making the right people (g*mers) absolutely seethe, but this is especially wild. Maybe she's angling to be a sort of democrat Blaire White.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 03 Oct 2023
90 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
221 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS