submitted 1 year ago by xts@lemmy.world to c/avatar@lemmy.world
top 11 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] counselwolf@lemmy.fmhy.ml 4 points 1 year ago

Sequel to the ATLA series? Is this the one that will feature Adult GAANG?

[-] xts@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

That’s the one! It’s going to be an animated film releasing in October 2025

[-] sin_free_for_00_days@lemmy.one 4 points 1 year ago

I really hope they don't make it a brainless action movie. They need to capture the fun slap-stick of the original, along with the life lessons.

[-] xts@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

I hope it’s more ATLA than TLOK. I liked Korra for what it was but it didn’t live up to what ATLA was.

[-] sin_free_for_00_days@lemmy.one 3 points 1 year ago

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in my first watch of TLOK, but I liked it a lot more on a second viewing years later. I don't think TLOK was bad, it's just that ATLA set the bar so damn high.

[-] ahimsabjorn@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

It’s just an image, but I’m admittedly more looking forward to this than the live action Netflix show.

[-] AppaYipYip@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

Knowing the original creators will be involved gives me so much more hope.

What? I thought they left a while ago over “creative differences”? Did they rejoin the project?

[-] AppaYipYip@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

The original creators left the live action but are working on the animated movie. I was referencing the animated movie.

Ahhh right of course, wrong subject my bad! This is the first I’ve heard of it, I’m super excited!

[-] Nobody@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Beyond hyped. I couldn’t get in to Korra, but I’m all for getting the Gaang back together.

this post was submitted on 02 Jul 2023
15 points (100.0% liked)

1187 readers
2 users here now

A community for all things related to Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, cartoon or live action TV, movies, comics, novels, etc.

Rules:

Please report any rule violations.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS