submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by cypher_greyhat@lemmy.world to c/support@lemmy.world

One of my recent posts (link) has 26 comments, but on both lemmy.world's web site and various mobile apps I only see 3 when logged in. I can see the missing comments in Inbox/Notifications but not the thread. If I log out, I can see all the comments.

top 6 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] CreatureSurvive@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

This is most likely the preferred language setting on your account. By default, it’s set to unspecified. If you change it, then everything with a different, or unspecified language is filtered out. Since the majority of content on lemmy has an unspecified language, you’d be missing out on most content.

[-] cypher_greyhat@lemmy.world -1 points 1 year ago

I just double checked and it’s set to unspecified. I wish it was that easy.

[-] Spotlight7573@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Is it set to just unspecified? You can select more than one language (or all of them). I'm thinking you might not have English selected.

Can you see my other comment replying to your comment in this post?

It looks like on the post you originally referenced there are 4 with language unspecified and the rest are all tagged as English.

Ah, that fixed it. Many thanks.

[-] Spotlight7573@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Are you able to see this post?

Now I am, yes.

this post was submitted on 15 Sep 2023
2 points (58.3% liked)

Lemmy.world Support

3202 readers
4 users here now

Lemmy.world Support

Welcome to the official Lemmy.world Support community! Post your issues or questions about Lemmy.world here.

This community is for issues related to the Lemmy World instance only. For Lemmy software requests or bug reports, please go to the Lemmy github page.

This community is subject to the rules defined here for lemmy.world.

To open a support ticket Static Badge

You can also DM https://lemmy.world/u/lwreport or email report@lemmy.world (PGP Supported) if you need to reach our directly to the admin team.

Follow us for server news 🐘

Outages 🔥

https://status.lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS