top 5 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] penmoid@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Depends on a number of factors. First of all, what kind of layout do you like? Full-size, TKL, 75%, 65%?

It’s also going to depend on what you consider mid-tier. Do you have some examples of boards you’re looking at?

[-] GatoB@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

The most common one, I consideer mid tier around 80-120€

[-] penmoid@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I’m not sure about Euro pricing, but I think you should be pretty close to a Ducky One Two, which comes in a few different layouts and switch options. These are really well regarded in the community and I believe they have a silent option.

Personally, for silent boards I am a really big fan of Topre, but they are going to be a bit above the range you’re looking for. They are also not technically “mechanical”, but it’s splitting hairs.

I have a whole stable of mechanical keyboards, most of which are fairly high end by most peoples’ standards and most of which I have built/lubed/soldered myself so I might be a little too deep in it, but I will say that my daily driver has been a Leopold FC980C Topre board for about the last 3 years and I have never thought about replacing it.

Niz makes some much more affordable electrostatic-capacitive boards that could potentially offer a similar experience to Topre boards within your price range but I haven’t personally used one. Worth a look though.

[-] AeroBlue@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Idk if Ducky is mid tier or not but I have several of their keyboards and love them a ton

[-] RustedSwitch@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

In addition to what the nice people here have to say, there are a few mechanical keyboard communities that you should also check out.

I can’t offer any advice myself, because my keyboard journey has led me down a niche rabbit hole to a Split, low profile, 40%, ortholinear…

this post was submitted on 08 Jul 2023
8 points (90.0% liked)

Recommendations

601 readers
1 users here now

Do you want to know the best products or services to do something? Ask it here and discover the best options to choose between

Anyone can ask for products by making a post. There are no posts because I think people think that they can not post but they can

If you what you want is software recommendations go to Software recommendations

rules: instance rules

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS