submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by HornyOnMain@hexbear.net to c/chapotraphouse@hexbear.net

The best bit is that we can't even see it lmao

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] sharedburdens@hexbear.net 68 points 1 year ago

Oh no ledditors are expressing silent disapproval

I think that means they've already been bullied into silence

[-] HornyOnMain@hexbear.net 59 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Purposely going on an instance I don't like to own the trans people who can't even see my dissaproval

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Do the mods still have the power they had when they banned a whole buncha transphobes years ago? For those who don't know they combed through weeks of logs and found anyone who regularly downvoted trans comments/posts and banned all of them at once. It was absolutely glorious. Nobody was safe. Well. None of the transphobes were safe. The rest of us just thought it was hilarious.

Might be time to pull out that old power

[-] Freeanotherday@hexbear.net 65 points 1 year ago
[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 47 points 1 year ago

And we'll fuckin do it again data-laughing

[-] PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

That was so fucking funny. Just an immediate orbital strike on every secret transphobe solved so many problems on this site

[-] cosecantphi@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Remember that one user whose excuse was something like "I downvote all pinned threads out of principle, that just happens to include the ones about transgender stuff!"

I think they were actually unbanned after complaining only to get themself banned again a week later, permanently that time lmao

[-] PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

What a legend

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] KiraNerys@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

Uphold TC69 thought ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค leslie-shining

[-] ultraviolet@hexbear.net 54 points 1 year ago

lemmy really giving us the reddit-logo experience

[-] Flyberius@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

Yeah, it really is the most reddity thing isn't it.

[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 47 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

To the downvoter: We see you, we hear you. Your concerns are important to us.

[-] GenderIsOpSec@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago

we left our response in here barbara-pit the downvoter should spelunk a little ๐Ÿ˜‡

[-] TacoGyrosKebabShwama@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

New site tag line plz mods

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 46 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

When that vote gets federated does the person that sent the vote get federated too? Is it possible that our admins can like... Look that up? Lol.

Because if you can look it up you can ban that dipshit and they won't be able to vote.

[-] HornyOnMain@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

Alternatively we can @ them into here to make fun of them

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago
[-] WittyProfileName2@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago

This is the best they can do, isn't it?

A symbolic gesture of hatred that their targets can't even see. data-laughing

[-] silent_water@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago

hopefully it's a very confused and upset egg

[-] kleeon@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

"these posts are way too relatable and it makes me angry" rage-cry

[-] 2Password2Remember@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

mfw I'm a mentally healthy, well adjusted individual with rewarding hobbies and a satisfying social life

Death to America

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

stay mad transphobes

also that 'someone is' post got a report saying 'Dog whistle for inciting violence'

[-] JohannaChittarra@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

Transphobe delenda est!

[-] stevatoo@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago
[-] iie@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago

not only can I not see it, but a few minutes after closing this post I will probably forget about it

[-] radiofreeval@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

picard-pointing Hey that's my post

[-] 01189998819991197253@infosec.pub 16 points 1 year ago

Downvotes on Lemmy don't mean anything. Think of the points on Lemmy like the points in Whose Line, they don't matter. Regardless, it could be a bot. There used to be one on Reddit that autodownvoted every post to "negate the self upvote" or some stupid crap. Basically, don't worry about the downvote, and keep enjoying life. Don't let the downvoter live rent-free in your mind. Let that idiot go homeless, lest s/he live forever in your brainscape for free.

[-] cosecantphi@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

The big problem is that this person isn't yet banned from Hexbear if they're able to see and downvote our posts. That means there is some transphobic creep out there stalking transgender users on Hexbear. We can't yet know if this person will try to sift through posts to dox trans people once they realize their downvotes have no effect.

That is a very common outcome when a transphobic freak feels their harassment isn't effective, see the entire history of KiwiFarms. And while we're on that subject, we also have no idea whether this person will organize raids on Hexbear by posting screenshots to the very many transphobic discord servers that literally only exist to mock and ridicule trans people in an attempt to pressure them into suicide.

Evil pieces of shit like this should most ideally be shot in the head. Second most ideally they should be publicly doxed and their friends/family/employer informed of their behavior. Without the means to accomplish those first two actions, the next best thing we can do to protect our trans comrades is to find out what account is doing this, and ban them to ensure they'll never be able to interact with Hexbear on that account again.

If the lemmy.ml admins are cooperative with that goal, then we can ensure the next reactionary on lemmy.ml who does this can't hide behind the anonymity of downvotes on their new, not yet banned account.

[-] radiofreeval@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

Oh shit that's a new fear for the collection

load more comments (26 replies)
[-] Mardoniush@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

I think you underestimate our ideological commitment. Remember, we once banned every single person who'd downvoted any post or comment on trans issues. And if we still had downvotes we'd do it again.

[-] Outdoor_Catgirl@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

It was for those with a pattern of down voting

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

nah we excise those types here.

Yes, don't let it get to you, but also, don't let it happen if you don't need to

load more comments (13 replies)
load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments
view more: next โ€บ
this post was submitted on 07 Sep 2023
161 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13461 readers
1045 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank