top 14 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] DarkThoughts@fedia.io 5 points 11 hours ago

When I check it in a private tab it seems you can only buy it in a bundle with the Remaster - which of course requires the PSN account. Scum move for sure.

[-] MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz 24 points 18 hours ago

Sony is trying really fucking hard to piss off PC players, right as they were warming up to playstation games coming to PC.

[-] callouscomic@lemm.ee 4 points 18 hours ago

They're the reason I moved away from Playstation to PC.

[-] nanoUFO@sh.itjust.works 17 points 20 hours ago* (last edited 20 hours ago)

Keysites still have it for about what the original was going for on an average sale. Then you can do an upgrade to the remaster for $15 so it's like 50% less than buying the new remaster.

[-] BlackEco@lemmy.blackeco.com 3 points 20 hours ago* (last edited 18 hours ago)

~~Hum, they both show up to me in the EU.~~

Edit: on Epic Games the remaster shows up, not the original version; on Steam I can only buy the bundle with the Complete Edition and the Remaster.

[-] filister@lemmy.world 2 points 17 hours ago

I think you can still get the normal version through a code. There should be some for the old game. Plus releasing a remaster 4 years later is kind of dumb.

[-] MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz 1 points 18 hours ago* (last edited 18 hours ago)

Yes, but you can no longer buy just the "complete edition". The only way to get and play zero dawn on PC right now, is to buy the bundle that also comes with a preorder of the upcoming, more expensive, remastered version.

[-] 2xsaiko@discuss.tchncs.de 1 points 18 hours ago

It’s marked as preorder (didn’t this already come out a while ago? maybe not on PC) but yeah, I can buy it too in Germany.

[-] ABCDE@lemmy.world 1 points 20 hours ago

Zero Dawn just shows the page but can only buy Forbidden West for me.

[-] BlackEco@lemmy.blackeco.com 2 points 19 hours ago

Both Zero Dawn and Forbidden West have buttons to add to cart

[-] DarkThoughts@fedia.io 1 points 11 hours ago

Only in a bundle with the Remaster for me.

[-] ABCDE@lemmy.world 1 points 18 hours ago

Zero Dawn you can't.

[-] MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz 1 points 18 hours ago

I can only add a bundle to cart, one which includes both zero dawn and its upcoming "remastered" version. I can't buy just Zero Dawn.

Are you sure you can still buy the actual normal "complete edition" that came out on PC years ago, and not this more expensive bundle?

[-] BlackEco@lemmy.blackeco.com 1 points 18 hours ago

No you're right, I can only buy the bundle. I was expecting the page to throw a 404.

this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
45 points (100.0% liked)

Games

16460 readers
1311 users here now

Video game news oriented community. No NanoUFO is not a bot :)

Posts.

1. News oriented content (general reviews, previews or retrospectives allowed).
  2. Broad discussion posts (preferably not only about a specific game).
  3. No humor/memes etc..
  4. No affiliate links
  5. No advertising.
  6. No clickbait, editorialized, sensational titles. State the game in question in the title. No all caps.
  7. No self promotion.
  8. No duplicate posts, newer post will be deleted unless there is more discussion in one of the posts.
  9. No politics.

Comments.

1. No personal attacks.
  2. Obey instance rules.
  3. No low effort comments(one or two words, emoji etc..)
  4. Please use spoiler tags for spoilers.

My goal is just to have a community where people can go and see what new game news is out for the day and comment on it.

Other communities:

Beehaw.org gaming

Lemmy.ml gaming

lemmy.ca pcgaming

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS