oh no (reddthat.com)
submitted 1 day ago by hfiwg@reddthat.com to c/trees@lemmy.world

Lost a bunch of my buds to bud rot :( I don't even know how much more of the plant is affected. Even some of the buds that are not discolored seem to be turning mushy. If you have ideas on how to proceed please let me know. Alterntively I am willing to accept your pity

top 2 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] hfiwg@reddthat.com 2 points 10 hours ago

@bizzle@lemmy.world unfortunately I can't reply to your comment directly due to some federation issue. The posts shows zero comments on reddthat.

Thank you for your advice. I chopped right this morning and fortunately it looks like I have a good few buds left. Do you think a bud wash in just water would do too, as I dont have any hydrogen peroxide around? Or would the additional moisture do more harm than good?

[-] bizzle@lemmy.world 3 points 20 hours ago

Chop it right now, if you have bud rot it'll eat your whole plant. It's a fungus and it moves fast. On the bright side it looks like she's almost ready anyway so you're not losing out on too much.

I'd also probably do a bud wash, 5 gallon bucket with a little hydrogen peroxide and just kind of swish your buds around in there before you hang them up to dry. The bud wash should kill or wash away the spores so they don't rot in drying.

Inspect your remaining bud thoroughly, too, of course. You'd rather miss out than smoke bud rot.

Bud rot sucks but at least there's always next year.

this post was submitted on 02 Oct 2024
25 points (100.0% liked)

Trees

6654 readers
69 users here now

A community centered around cannabis.

In the spirit of making Trees a welcoming and uplifting place for everyone, please follow our Commandments.

1. Be Cool.
  2. I'm not kidding. Be nice to each other.
  3. Avoid low-effort posts

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS