top 12 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] JoMomma@lemm.ee 6 points 1 day ago
[-] sik0fewl@lemmy.ca 3 points 1 day ago

There's no Editor category.

[-] JoMomma@lemm.ee 1 points 19 hours ago

Hmm I consider that coding... no?

[-] sik0fewl@lemmy.ca 2 points 19 hours ago

Ya, but there's no other editors listed there either.

[-] superkret@feddit.org 8 points 1 day ago

I've tried all the web browsers in that list (except readability-cli which I'm not sure what it even does).
None of them let me post on lemmy from the TTY, which is the functionality I'm looking for.

Lynx, Links, Elinks and w3m don't support JavaScript.

Browsh and Carbonyl can't be navigated without a mouse, and with gpm on a TTY, clicking on links doesn't work in both browsers.
So honestly, I have no idea what the latter 2 browsers are even supposed to do. If I'm in a graphical interface, I can just use Firefox.

I also tried Neonmodem Overdrive, which is a TUI fediverse browser. But I never could get it to show any posts.

So if anyone knows any option that lets you log into websites (or at least lemmy) without starting X/Wayland, please let me know.

[-] calcopiritus@lemmy.world 1 points 4 hours ago

TUIs are graphical interfaces. It's just that they use the terminal as their renderers instead of having their own.

It's just like WebApps, they use the browser as their renderer, but they are still graphical interfaces.

[-] superkret@feddit.org 1 points 3 hours ago

Sorry for apparently confusing some terms. But my point stands: If I don't have X or Wayland running, I can't click on links in Browsh or Carbonyl. And if I do have X or Wayland running, I can use Firefox or Chrome instead.

[-] pmjv@lemmy.sdf.org 5 points 1 day ago

use the old.lemmy.sdf.org instance. works with links fine

[-] superkret@feddit.org 6 points 1 day ago

Holy shit it works with old.feddit.org (my home instance), too.
Thanks a lot, this was my internet white whale for over a year.

[-] pmjv@lemmy.sdf.org 4 points 1 day ago

Sure thing!

[-] MistressRemilia@lemmy.sdf.org 4 points 1 day ago

TUI software 🖤

[-] LANIK2000@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

Glad to see ma dude lf :)

this post was submitted on 29 Sep 2024
84 points (92.9% liked)

Text-Based User Interfaces (TUI; CLI)

48 readers
30 users here now

Forum for advanced users who grok the power of text-based apps, the advantage of tmux/GNU screen, the keyboard and who often find the mouse a hinderance to a fast workflow. A text-based UI is also a decent escape from enshitified resources.

This forum broadly covers tools, hacks, and advocacy of text-based environments.

Slightly marginally kind of related:

founded 1 week ago
MODERATORS