top 30 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Boozilla@lemmy.world 17 points 5 days ago

Office Space minus the happy ending.

[-] sunbrrnslapper@lemmy.world 12 points 5 days ago

I'm currently at this part: Therapist: "what about today? Is today the worst day of your life?" Peter: "Yeah" Therapist: "Wow. That's messed up"

[-] Bougie_Birdie@lemmy.blahaj.zone 10 points 5 days ago

I heard the original ending they filmed had Peter's new boss at the construction site telling him to come in on Saturday. You can see him walking up in the closing shots.

I hope you get your happy ending.

[-] rc__buggy@sh.itjust.works 3 points 5 days ago

asks them to pick up the pace, in the style of Lumberg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK43Ureuiqc

[-] Boozilla@lemmy.world 3 points 5 days ago

Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š

[-] acosmichippo@lemmy.world 11 points 5 days ago
[-] urda@lebowski.social 4 points 5 days ago

Far out man

[-] Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world 10 points 5 days ago

2001: a Space Odyssey

How it's similar to my life: I've been told it's amazing, but I can only pay attention to it for about 20 minutes before I decide I'd rather get high and play video games.

[-] CheeryLBottom@lemmy.world 6 points 5 days ago

I fell asleep

[-] shalafi@lemmy.world 8 points 5 days ago

Breakfast Club. I was part nerd, part rebel. Funny how I read comments about how unrealistic the characters are. Guys, that is exactly how it was in the 80s.

[-] shinigamiookamiryuu@lemm.ee 2 points 5 days ago

Can relate, despite being born much later than the movie. Specifically I seemed comparable to Allison for some reason. Which is why the ending probably threw me off.

[-] Platypus@lemmings.world 1 points 5 days ago

I mean the unrealistic part is making friends that are the opposite of you, especially if you are a nerd. You most likely wouldn't want to hang with the people that bully you

[-] pixeltree@lemmy.blahaj.zone 4 points 5 days ago

Seeing as how things just keep getting worse and worse, the star wars sequel trilogy? Shame I can't turn it off

[-] myster0n@feddit.nl 5 points 5 days ago

At this point in my life it mostly resembles the 10 hour cinematic masterpiece Paint Drying

[-] Corno@lemm.ee 5 points 5 days ago

I took this quiz and got Mean Girls!

"You got: Mean Girls

All you want to do is fit in! Maybe it's just with the wrong crowd. You are easy-going and fun to be with, but at times people take advantage of that fact and mistreat you. It may be frustrating, but everyone is different! And you gotta remember that!"

[-] oo1@lemmings.world 4 points 5 days ago

That quiz was way too hard, there were about 3 questions that I couldn't answer so I just had to guess randomly.

Anyway i got kill bill - so i think i must have guessed wrong. I don't remeber ever owning a sword, or a yellow jumpsuit; I did have a yellow raincoat once and i have a swiss army knife.

I think Sightseers would have been a better choice. Or fight club if they did a remake without any of the Tyler Durden stuff.

[-] Hobbes_Dent@lemmy.world 3 points 5 days ago

Oh shit I got The Neverending Story. Nice.

Site is an ad disaster for those raw dogging the internet.

[-] altima_neo@lemmy.zip 5 points 5 days ago
[-] chemical_cutthroat@lemmy.world 5 points 5 days ago

That kid is back on the escalator, again!

[-] Drusas@fedia.io 4 points 5 days ago

I don't know for certain, but I really relate to The Royal Tenenbaums.

[-] Platypus@lemmings.world 3 points 5 days ago

Probably Her and the 40 year old virgin.

[-] tover153@lemmynsfw.com 3 points 5 days ago

Not a movie, but an actor. He died in 2018, but I always identified with Ricky Jay (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0419633/?ref_=tt_cl_t_6) from the first time I saw Heist. RIP, Sir.

[-] Delphia@lemmy.world 3 points 5 days ago

Ricky Jay was one of those actors that I always loved when he turned up.

https://youtu.be/FtgUSUHnzLI?si=UZXcQkZHKBUiNNoG

[-] Banichan@dormi.zone 3 points 5 days ago

Grandma's Boy

[-] cash4au@lemmy.world 2 points 5 days ago
[-] shinigamiookamiryuu@lemm.ee 3 points 5 days ago

Ben X? Is that like Ben 10?

[-] DrBob@lemmy.ca 2 points 5 days ago

I have always identified with Lawrence "Crash" Davis in Bull Durham.

[-] gregor@gregtech.eu 2 points 5 days ago

Mission Impossible. Jk lol, I can't think of any right now

Professionally, I identify with the guy whose code's not working and he takes a spike to the face

this post was submitted on 28 Sep 2024
40 points (95.5% liked)

Ask Lemmy

26350 readers
909 users here now

A Fediverse community for open-ended, thought provoking questions

Rules: (interactive)

1) Be nice and; have funDoxxing, trolling, sealioning, racism, and toxicity are not welcomed in AskLemmy. Remember what your mother said: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. In addition, the site-wide Lemmy.world terms of service also apply here. Please familiarize yourself with them

2) All posts must end with a '?'This is sort of like Jeopardy. Please phrase all post titles in the form of a proper question ending with ?

3) No spamPlease do not flood the community with nonsense. Actual suspected spammers will be banned on site. No astroturfing.

4) NSFW is okay, within reasonJust remember to tag posts with either a content warning or a [NSFW] tag. Overtly sexual posts are not allowed, please direct them to either !asklemmyafterdark@lemmy.world or !asklemmynsfw@lemmynsfw.com. NSFW comments should be restricted to posts tagged [NSFW].

5) This is not a support community.
It is not a place for 'how do I?', type questions. If you have any questions regarding the site itself or would like to report a community, please direct them to Lemmy.world Support or email info@lemmy.world. For other questions check our partnered communities list, or use the search function.

Reminder: The terms of service apply here too.

Partnered Communities:

Tech Support

No Stupid Questions

You Should Know

Reddit

Jokes

Ask Ouija

Logo design credit goes to: tubbadu

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS