top 41 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] collapse_already@lemmy.ml 7 points 23 hours ago

He sure looks like a colonizer to me. Maybe he should be deported. We'll probably have to butcher him to send the appropriate proportions back to their respective countries of origin, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

[-] Veedem@lemmy.world 136 points 1 day ago

"Lol. These Haitians are wild. Eating pets, vudu, nastiest country in the western hemisphere, cults, slapstick gangsters… but damned if they don’t feel all sophisticated now, filing charges against our President and VP," he said

But they’re not suing Biden and Harris who are, you know, our President and VP. They’re suing YOUR candidates because of THEIR dangerous rhetoric.

[-] captainlezbian@lemmy.world 6 points 1 day ago

Vudu is explicitly legal in the United States. It’s a religion, and for better or worse those are legal.

[-] SoleInvictus@lemmy.blahaj.zone 1 points 15 minutes ago

But what about God fearing, white Christians Americans?! They have a conditional right to not have to deal with pesky "other cultures" and "thinking critically about issues".

/s

[-] otter@lemmy.dbzer0.com 13 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Except... Their entire cousin-fuckin' base keeps getting reassured that "their" Pres & VP are those two fuckstains and alllll this is just a formality on the righteous way back to the --throne-- White House... 🤬☠️

[-] cabron_offsets@lemmy.world 83 points 1 day ago

Guy even looks like a Nazi of old.

[-] Hotspur@lemmy.ml 17 points 1 day ago

He really does. I’d say coincidence… but the probability is that it’s more intentional than accidental.

[-] grue@lemmy.world 18 points 1 day ago
[-] Hotspur@lemmy.ml 7 points 1 day ago

Yeah those are the strongest part, but very well supported by the shiny dome, gray stubble and classic Hugo boss grey of his jacket.

[-] Hotspur@lemmy.ml 3 points 22 hours ago

CI hadn’t realized this was Clay Higgins. If you haven’t heard what this clown sounds like, you’re in for a treat.

[-] match@pawb.social 8 points 1 day ago

i want that guy out of the country

[-] homesweethomeMrL@lemmy.world 44 points 1 day ago

Yep out of the closet, hoods on, arms straight in salute

[-] Rapidcreek@lemmy.world 43 points 1 day ago

Excuse me, your white robe is showing.

[-] billiam0202@lemmy.world 28 points 1 day ago

Feature, not bug.

[-] Makeitstop@lemmy.world 38 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

"Lol. These Haitians are wild. Eating pets, vudu, nastiest country in the western hemisphere, cults, slapstick gangsters… but damned if they don’t feel all sophisticated now, filing charges against our President and VP," he said, referring to Republican presidential and vice presidential nominees Trump and Vance, respectively.

"All these thugs better get their mind right and their ass out of our country before January 20th," the post concluded. That would be the day Trump and Vance would be sworn into office if they win November's election.

Let's see what we have here:

1. Negative generalization about an entire nationality.
  2. Repeating the obvious lie about eating pets long after it was debunked
  3. Blaming Haitians for a shitty streaming sevice.
  4. Not knowing how to spell Vodou
  5. Racist stereotypes about Vodou
  6. Not Knowing the distinction between Voodoo and Vodou (presumably)
  7. Hating immigrants because the country they come from is "nasty"
  8. Thinks country is nasty, hates people for seeking sanctuary from it.
  9. Slapstick? What, were the three stooges Haitian?
  10. Thinks all black people are in gangs.
  11. Look at them thinking they're real people, signing fancy paperwork like they can read.
  12. Thinks Trump is President.
  13. Thinks Vance is VP, when even the insane view that Trump won in 2020 would make Pence the VP.
  14. Disapproves of any accountability for Trump (no surprise there)
  15. Thinks all black people are thugs.
  16. Those immigrants need to learn their place.
  17. Telling an entire ethnic group to leave the country before the next administration is in power, which sounds a hell of a lot like an ethnic cleansing threat.
  18. Complete disregard for that whole election thing that's coming up (see 11 & 12)
  19. Thinks deleting a post will make it go away.
  20. Does all this, isn't even the worst situation about Republican politicians posting racist shit online this week.
  21. Failed to stop Michael Myers, James Bond and the Puma Man.
[-] hr_@lemmy.world 1 points 5 minutes ago

I'd like for him to point at the western hemisphere on a globe.

[-] Rapidcreek@lemmy.world 21 points 1 day ago

You can add to that this congressman is from Louisiana and doesn't understand the deep roots of the Haitian culture in New Orleans.

[-] Snowcano@startrek.website 2 points 1 day ago

“Pewma! PEWMA Man!”

[-] geekwithsoul@lemm.ee 24 points 1 day ago

Stuff like this always makes me think any voter should be able to call in a wellness check on their representative. Just have the Capitol Police show up and make sure they’re not actively snorting bath salts. Because this dude sounds like he’s actively snorting bath salts.

[-] mx_smith@lemmy.world 1 points 5 minutes ago

I think it’s something in the water in Louisiana. It’s called racism.

[-] MyOpinion@lemm.ee 23 points 1 day ago

It would be better if this Nazi was expelled.

[-] LodeMike@lemmy.today 1 points 21 hours ago* (last edited 18 hours ago)

Rips? Are they made of paper?

[-] TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee 19 points 1 day ago

Lump him into the lawsuit, too. Let's see him pray on that shit. What a miserable looking chode.

[-] grue@lemmy.world 11 points 1 day ago

And yet, if I warned GOP congressmen to 'get out of our country,' I'd be arrested for making terroristic threats.

[-] hperrin@lemmy.world 11 points 1 day ago

* Native Americans have entered the chat. *

[-] YurkshireLad@lemmy.ca 3 points 1 day ago

You beat me to it 😀

[-] watson387@sopuli.xyz 6 points 1 day ago

Absolute scum.

[-] Tolookah@discuss.tchncs.de 6 points 1 day ago

Unfortunately, due to the likes of clay Higgins, the award of worst in the West is ours

Send his tough talkin' ass over there and see what happens.

[-] jake_jake_jake_@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago

I rip ass, threaten fart, get out of my body.

[-] robocall@lemmy.world -3 points 1 day ago

If the US would stop intervening in Haiti and let them run their own country, maybe so many of them wouldn't have to apply for asylum in the US.

[-] mashbooq@lemmy.world 17 points 1 day ago

The question of why specific immigrants are here isn't relevant to the topic of how they should be treated once they're legally here. Some are here bc of bad US foreign policy, others aren't, but all should be treated with respect.

[-] Rapidcreek@lemmy.world 6 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Best to look at history. The US hasn't really intervened in Haiti that often and when we did it was a failure. Many different groups have tried. Currently, it's Kenyans

[-] NABDad@lemmy.world 6 points 1 day ago

We also blew our chance to support Haiti back when they first revolted because we didn't want our slaves to get any ideas.

As always, American Ideals are based on a lie.

Haiti was punished by the West for daring to fight against their oppressors, and we all, collectively, never stopped trying to crush them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_independence_debt

Now they have the failed state which the West absolutely caused, and scum in this country blame them for the situation they were put in.

[-] Rapidcreek@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

I think it's great you blame the US when it was a French colony and the only Caribbean country that had to buy their way out of slavery.

[-] NABDad@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Thanks! I'm glad you agree!

[-] SaltySalamander@fedia.io 1 points 1 hour ago

Surely you're not really this obtuse?

[-] NABDad@lemmy.world 1 points 35 minutes ago* (last edited 35 minutes ago)

No more than Rapidcreek pretending "The West" doesn't include France.

[-] match@pawb.social 0 points 1 day ago

based off what i can see on Wikipedia, the US did a coup detat in haiti in 2004 and is sorta suspected to be involved in the president's assassination in 2021

[-] Rapidcreek@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

I do appreciate the young communists that show up here to blame the US first. Even if this were true, it couldn't account for the dozen of times in the 19th - 21st centuries when there were coups in Haiti and certainly not the cause of Haiti's traavails. But, it's probably not true. 2004 was not the first time there was a Coup by the Haitian military against Aristide. He was also overthrown by the military in 1994. Of course he blamed the US. That's what autocratic rulers do.

NBC News - News Source Context (Click to view Full Report)Information for NBC News:

MBFC: Left-Center - Credibility: High - Factual Reporting: High - United States of America
Wikipedia about this source

Search topics on Ground.Newshttps://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/clay-higgins-rips-haitian-immigrants-rcna172738
Media Bias Fact Check | bot support

this post was submitted on 25 Sep 2024
259 points (98.1% liked)

politics

18931 readers
4002 users here now

Welcome to the discussion of US Politics!

Rules:

1. Post only links to articles, Title must fairly describe link contents. If your title differs from the site’s, it should only be to add context or be more descriptive. Do not post entire articles in the body or in the comments.
  2. Articles must be relevant to politics. Links must be to quality and original content. Articles should be worth reading. Clickbait, stub articles, and rehosted or stolen content are not allowed. Check your source for Reliability and Bias here.
  3. Be civil, No violations of TOS. It’s OK to say the subject of an article is behaving like a (pejorative, pejorative). It’s NOT OK to say another USER is (pejorative). Strong language is fine, just not directed at other members. Engage in good-faith and with respect! This includes accusing another user of being a bot or paid actor. Trolling is uncivil and is grounds for removal and/or a community ban.
  4. No memes, trolling, or low-effort comments. Reposts, misinformation, off-topic, trolling, or offensive.
  5. Vote based on comment quality, not agreement. This community aims to foster discussion; please reward people for putting effort into articulating their viewpoint, even if you disagree with it.
  6. No hate speech, slurs, celebrating death, advocating violence, or abusive language. This will result in a ban. Usernames containing racist, or inappropriate slurs will be banned without warning

We ask that the users report any comment or post that violate the rules, to use critical thinking when reading, posting or commenting. Users that post off-topic spam, advocate violence, have multiple comments or posts removed, weaponize reports or violate the code of conduct will be banned.

All posts and comments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This means that some content that violates the rules may be allowed, while other content that does not violate the rules may be removed. The moderators retain the right to remove any content and ban users.

That's all the rules!

Civic Links

Register To Vote

Citizenship Resource Center

Congressional Awards Program

Federal Government Agencies

Library of Congress Legislative Resources

The White House

U.S. House of Representatives

U.S. Senate

Partnered Communities:

News