submitted 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago) by ReadyUser31@lemmy.world to c/microblogmemes@lemmy.world

Populism Updates @PopulismUpdates Tell me your most radical position that cannot be placed on the left-right political spectrum

Admiral Snaccbar @Chris Mench Serving shrimp with the tail still on when it's already mixed into something (pasta, rice, etc) is insane.

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] CileTheSane@lemmy.ca 137 points 2 weeks ago

When driving you are making things more dangerous and less efficient by waving people in. If it is your right of way take it.

Be predictable, not polite.

[-] Snowclone@lemmy.world 24 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

Almost got into an accident last night on this. Car 1 stopped at a 4way to my right, Car 2 opposite me stopped, then I stopped. Distinctly. Whole ass seconds between all stops. Me and 2 are waiting for 1 to go. It's 11:00pm. I can't say for sure, but I just KNOW Car 1 was waving his hands at us, who can't see through his windshield because that's how night time works. Way too much time passes, and me and 2 are like, fuck it and start going, then 1 flashes his brights and goes narrowly missing both of us. Was he just really wanting to be an a car accident? Is he drunk? Who knows, but half the accidents I've narrowly avoided involve a 4 way stop and an idiot.

load more comments (23 replies)
[-] ruckblack@sh.itjust.works 114 points 2 weeks ago

Yeah I've never understood if they expect me to just eat the tail, or start playing with my pasta with my hands to pull them off. Certainly not gonna waste like half my shrimp by just cutting the meat where the tail starts.

[-] ilinamorato@lemmy.world 81 points 2 weeks ago

"Oh yes sure please make my comfort food more difficult to eat thanks"

I'm right there with you. Serving shrimp tail-on might as well be serving something on a log instead of a plate.

[-] SouthFresh@lemmy.ml 35 points 2 weeks ago

Assert dominance by eating as per normal and when you encounter a tail, spit it at the chef.

[-] Screamium@lemmy.world 26 points 2 weeks ago

Am I eating in the restaurant kitchen or walking back there each time I bite a tail?

load more comments (3 replies)
load more comments (1 replies)
[-] marcos@lemmy.world 23 points 2 weeks ago

Press the very start of the tail with your fork sideways so it's cut, then pull the shrimp from the tail with the fork and knife.

Anyway, the post is right, it's borderline violent insanity.

[-] ruckblack@sh.itjust.works 22 points 2 weeks ago

Yeah but that's such a fiddly process. I've sprayed pasta and sauce all over the table because my knife or fork slipped trying to do surgery on my food

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] Knock_Knock_Lemmy_In@lemmy.world 86 points 2 weeks ago

Putting anything inedible on a plate is insane.

If its on my plate in a restaurant, I will attempt to eat it.

[-] JadenSmith@sh.itjust.works 45 points 2 weeks ago

I was on a school trip to a hotel, and was handed some dragon fruit. They didn't tell me how to eat it, so I bit right into it. Took out a big chunk and wanting to try something new I kept chewing it.

The man had a look of what was a mix between horror and surprise on his face and told me to spit it out.

Not really a plate but I was handed something with inedible parts and no instructions. Similar I suppose?

[-] dQw4w9WgXcQ@lemm.ee 19 points 2 weeks ago

Not sure if this is a thing everywhere, but a lot of bakeries around here will serve baked goods on a plate with a napkin under the baked goods. Not a big problem with things like croissants, but when cakes and stuff with sticky bottoms are served like this, it drives me insane. Both the purpose of the napkin and the plate has been defeated.

load more comments (18 replies)
[-] inb4_FoundTheVegan@lemmy.world 45 points 2 weeks ago

Yup. That's super gross. I totally agree.

But, probably not for the same reason.

[-] sik0fewl@lemmy.ca 35 points 2 weeks ago

Found... ! Oh...

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] Kolanaki@yiffit.net 44 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

As someone who eats the tail: This is fine. I like the cronch.

The only thing I don't like is when they don't remove the poop chute and there's just a big-ass turd in the shrimp. 🤢

[-] Chocrates@lemmy.world 16 points 2 weeks ago

Yeah I eat the tail. I don't see anything wrong.

[-] ivanafterall@lemmy.world 103 points 2 weeks ago

That's because you're both insane.

[-] Kolanaki@yiffit.net 25 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

In my case, I think it's because when my siblings and I were kids, we only got to eat the tail because my parents wouldn't get shrimp for us but for themselves and then not eat the tail which we would.

I mean, I am insane, but that's not why.

[-] Ookami38@sh.itjust.works 38 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

I have no opinion on eating the tail of the shrimp with the rest of it. The concept of ordering or cooking shrimp, eating the flesh, and then giving someone else the tail is absolutely INSANE to me. It sounds like a bit from a sitcom.

[-] Sterile_Technique@lemmy.world 17 points 2 weeks ago

...I didn't even know eating the tail was an option. Like, it's pure fucking chitin - there's nothing to emulsify. It's like trying to eat a fingernail, or piece of plastic.

Squeezing that last little nub of meat out of it, yeah, but the tail itself? Dafuq?

Or are we talking about that little nub of meat tucked away in the chitin hole? Just realized we might be calling two different things the 'tail'.

load more comments (3 replies)
load more comments (4 replies)
[-] ThePyroPython@lemmy.world 38 points 2 weeks ago

Not only does pineapple belong on pizza, ham & pineapple pizza is the only pizza that is consistent in all three states: fresh and hot, cold, and reheated.

load more comments (15 replies)
[-] taiyang@lemmy.world 35 points 2 weeks ago

My wife eats the tail. She's Japanese, that's normal. I don't though, so please no tails mixed in...

load more comments (19 replies)
[-] Adderbox76@lemmy.ca 32 points 2 weeks ago

Hicks and Newt had to die in the beginning of Alien 3 in order for the film to thematically even be an Alien film.

At their heart, the films are about Ripley being alone, more in common with the titular alien than with her termporary allies. She's an outsider in her crew. She's a civilian among marines. She's a woman among convicts. She's lost her child, she's lost 57 years of her life. The Alien is her only real touchstone now, and in a way that is very expressly shown in the films, that becomes a kind of "relationship" in itself. She's closer to the alien than she is to the people who surround her.

If Hicks and Newt survived and were part of Alien 3, it takes that away and makes it an ensemble cast, which thematically doesn't fit, and (I think) it's one of the reasons that a lot of the new Alien films just don't feel like Alien films; they're missing that key thematic ingredient. Ripley is a tragic character, doomed to battle alone against the only thing she has left in her life.

load more comments (9 replies)
[-] PotentialProblem@sh.itjust.works 30 points 2 weeks ago

Every bathroom everywhere should have a bidet.

load more comments (8 replies)
[-] Underwaterbob@lemm.ee 29 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

This is Korea. For whatever reason every single animal they consume that has unpleasant bits inside, they leave em in. Bony fish, bony chicken, grisly pork, soup full of shelled shellfish, and shrimp with tails. Hell, frequently entire shrimp head and all. Also locally where I live they have these different shrimp that have I dunno extra tough and sharp carapace. They don't even try to shuck those things.

load more comments (13 replies)
[-] Interstellar_1@lemmy.blahaj.zone 29 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

Is there a reason not to eat the tail? I normally eat it.

[-] Old_Jimmy_Twodicks@sh.itjust.works 80 points 2 weeks ago

Yes officer, this comment right here.

[-] TootSweet@lemmy.world 25 points 2 weeks ago

It's like eating fingernails. 🤮

[-] ArmoredThirteen@lemmy.ml 19 points 2 weeks ago

I like a crisp fried tail it's baller, but in like pasta it's just hard to eat for no real flavor or textural payoff

load more comments (12 replies)
[-] PugJesus@lemmy.world 21 points 2 weeks ago

When someone does not like garlic bread, Allah Willing, they shall know no happiness, and shall not live long.

[-] Neon@lemmy.world 20 points 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago)

Videogames should go with inflation and get more expensive instead of trying to cramp in in-game purchases and deluxe editions and whatever.

I don't want to own a "license" to a Game, I want to own the Game

Turning off Servers for goods you bought without offering a replacement should be illegal.

load more comments (5 replies)
[-] mvirts@lemmy.world 19 points 2 weeks ago

None of the doom and gloom really matters, every human in history has lived in a time of crisis. How we handle the challenges at hand determine the challenges for those that follow, but panicking about it is a waste of energy.

[-] marine_mustang@sh.itjust.works 16 points 2 weeks ago

The Legend of Zelda 2 was the worst entry in the whole series.

[-] Gullible@sh.itjust.works 23 points 2 weeks ago

Someone’s never played The Wand of Gamelon

[-] T156@lemmy.world 16 points 2 weeks ago

The QWERTY-type keyboard is a dated relic, especially in the electronic era, where there aren't physical mechanisms to jam because you pushed the buttons too quickly.

This is particularly applicable to touch screens, where the format is particularly ill-suited, and ought to be replaced by something more suitable and intuitive.

load more comments (7 replies)
[-] CaptainHowdy@lemm.ee 16 points 2 weeks ago

Same with meat on the bone for me. Like... I love a biryani, but it's so much better when the chicken/lamb is boneless. I get that the bone imparts some flavor, but I don't think it's worth the effort and mess.

load more comments (5 replies)
[-] Etterra@lemmy.world 14 points 2 weeks ago

Aliens, first observing croutons: Humans enjoy mixing hard, crunchy toasted objects into salads.

Aliens, first observing shrimp in salads, furiously crushing out the first line: Humans don't like hard, crunchy salad ingredients.

Souls games should have an easy mode and it’s fine if only the original hard mode is a well balanced experience. I just want to have fun and enjoy the view.

load more comments (9 replies)
load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 13 Sep 2024
1212 points (98.1% liked)

Microblog Memes

5467 readers
3549 users here now

A place to share screenshots of Microblog posts, whether from Mastodon, tumblr, ~~Twitter~~ X, KBin, Threads or elsewhere.

Created as an evolution of White People Twitter and other tweet-capture subreddits.

Rules:

1. Please put at least one word relevant to the post in the post title.
  2. Be nice.
  3. No advertising, brand promotion or guerilla marketing.
  4. Posters are encouraged to link to the toot or tweet etc in the description of posts.

Related communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS