Booo (hexbear.net)

down with cis

all 23 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Ngl I don't think it needed removing but it was such a shit joke.

It felt like the laziest "I'm one of you" style comments that you'd see when someone younger tries to emulate you and you tell them to "keep trying champ".

Dunno I'm all for mocking crackers and whiteness, hell we deserve it imo and it helps me reflect on my own subconious whiteness sometimes.

But I demand at least some wit and effort in the roasting and also denying someone art regardless of who they are feels a bit fascist imo.

[-] SkibidiToiletFanAcct@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

I liked white music until Hildegard von Bingen made it woke

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

Smh when we pivoted from drum circles to stringed instruments it became "poser". I only listen to the classics.

[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

I'll be real I barely checked the context, just enough to see it was a local comm.

I like the cheap call and response though :(
whites can have little a music :(

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

🤷‍♀️ I just don't see what this mid joke brings to the conversation except denying art to people.

Denying art to anyone gives me the ick regardless of context. Art informs our relationship to the modern world, history, our roots and where we are going. It's a classless expression of emotions, feelings, thoughts, ideas etc etc.

Leave my art alone ralsei-angry

Like that other thread that was up the other day taking the piss out of white people for their inability to enjoy spice was so funny and witty, it had some effort put into it and was still a self dunk.

This was just a weird lazy snap and It dripped of bitter terminally online sweaty ML imo and that's kinda not the space I want to be in otherwise I'd just go back to lemmygrad.

We deserve better roasts of crackers 😤

[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

me circa right now

[-] viva_la_juche@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

We should be on probation for 2010s stomp clap music tbh

[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

she stompclap on my crunkcore til i beck

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

Bastille fans are shidding and pissing right now

[-] milistanaccount09@hexbear.net 4 points 1 year ago

bastille fans isn't that like marie Antoinette

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago

Lmao yep hence the pissing and shidding.

[-] Infamousblt@hexbear.net 23 points 1 year ago

Good comedy usually involves punching up, but punching up does not automatically make comedy good

[-] RNAi@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Revisionism stalin-stressed

[-] Moss@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

Im willing to bet at least 70% of hexbear users are white

not me though Im irish

[-] CyborgMarx@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago

oh no, god forbid anyone hurts some white identitarian feelings

We gonna pull a twitch and ban cracker next too? What about cracker surely there are "complaints" about that here on Hexchan

Sure why not, let's coat that slope with some slippery mayonnaise

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago
[-] CyborgMarx@hexbear.net 4 points 1 year ago

lmao no bait, I really do think taking down that comment is complete bullshit

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Comment re-do:

Okay so I just went and checked the thread.

I dunno and as a cracker I can't really weigh in on the optics of that removal to anyone non white but to me the comment itself is conflating a critique of music within capitalism with race and that's a weird take to have.

Like I've made a joke in the past about how white people jazz (e.g. gogo penguin) is shit compared to non white jazz (e.g. sons of kemet) because white people have no soul. I don't actually believe that lmao, music is music but I personally just so happen to like Sons of Kemet over gogo penguin less for the music and more for the emotional and intent in the music.

Yes there's absolutely a conversation to be had about how mainstream white music is 99% rich people and therefore is barely even art. It's got no emotion, feeling, struggle, depth to it and therefore in chart music yes "white" music is garbage because it written to sell, not to be art.

But as someone else pointed out in that thread, that erases all the non chart music made by white people that is riddled with depth, class consciousness and lived experience that is made not for money or clout but for the passion of music and art itself.

So yeah it's a weird comment, I don't think this about crackers being fragile imo. More about the immaturity and ignorance around music/art that comment radiates.

Personally the issue I have with that comment is about art denial and I just think the comment itself is barely a joke or funny burn and instead just a boring ass edgelord comment so if it's not funny and could be interpreted as kinda shakey ideologically then maybe thats why it got removed?

I don't wanna act like a cracker about this so if non white comrades feel this is sussy then ima listen.

this post was submitted on 01 Sep 2023
36 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13458 readers
858 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS