The way Lemmy is organised tends to focus users on new and popular content, which means that slower moving ongoing conversations tend to sink in the page and get overlooked. A lot of valuable content is created in those slower discussions, so I am trying to set up ways to keep them visible and findable. I believe for a good group a moderator needs to be part librarian, not just rule enforcer.

I am creating ongoing topic threads which are linked to from the sidebar, and will also be linking them in the daily discussion thread where most activity in my group currently occurs. I am also looking into creating regular posts for specific topic discussions, which should help searchability. Making the system more complicated leads to users not following it though, so I want it to be as simple as possible to use and not have too many things like that happening at one time.

I would love to hear any other suggestions or about things you are doing to set up the structure of your groups.

no comments (yet)
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
there doesn't seem to be anything here
this post was submitted on 06 Jul 2023
13 points (100.0% liked)

Lemmy Moderators

690 readers
1 users here now

A community for moderators of various communities to discuss moderating. Help others and get help yourself! Remember, there are no stupid questions!

If you have general questions or things you want to share about the Fediverse, then head over to !fediverse@lemmy.world!

If you want help with making a lemmy bot, then head over to !lemmybotsupport@lemmy.world!

Rules

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS