top 18 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] thebartermyth@hexbear.net 84 points 1 month ago
[-] tocopherol@hexbear.net 49 points 1 month ago

My mom would quote that book to me growing up, she didn't know she was "political" but most of my leftist beliefs I learned from her. If she was alive to see this she would say "I'm glad your dad taught you to use a gun."

[-] IzyaKatzmann@hexbear.net 34 points 1 month ago

may your mother rest in peace

[-] tocopherol@hexbear.net 15 points 1 month ago

<3 she was a real comrade two-wolves-2

[-] SteamedHamberder@hexbear.net 12 points 1 month ago

I’m bolshevisky

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 50 points 1 month ago

Just like how they throw away fresh food into locked dumpsters because it's a day out of code.

[-] MaoTheLawn@hexbear.net 17 points 1 month ago

Or they bleach it all.

[-] FALGSConaut@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

I'm still mad about the amount of perfectly good food I had to throw in a compactor when I worked at Costco. Perfectly good produce 1 day past the date on the package, food that was left in the freezer for 5 minutes, so much food that was just tossed away. If I was allowed to take even some of it my grocery bill would have been a fraction what it was

[-] SkingradGuard@hexbear.net 34 points 1 month ago

Most efficient system alive btw

[-] GrouchyGrouse@hexbear.net 30 points 1 month ago

Why just lose the money on people taking free stuff when you can lose the money by throwing it away and also spending gobs of dollars on a huge police presence to guard it while prisoners carry it away?

[-] DragonBallZinn@hexbear.net 20 points 1 month ago

“It’s MY [x] to sit on and do nothing with!”

[-] MaoTheLawn@hexbear.net 18 points 1 month ago

America is an absolutely psychopathic place. That is just unreal. I can't think of another country on earth where that would happen.

[-] Evilsandwichman@hexbear.net 17 points 1 month ago

So let me get this straight: they wasted a ton of merchandise and all the wealth it took to make and sell (cause you have employees to pay and shelves to buy, etc etc), and then wasted tax payer dollars to ensure it gets trashed.

I'm sorry what idiot came up with this? If I wrote a novel with characters this stupid people would tell me it's unbelievable.

[-] Evilphd666@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

How much did it cost for those piggies over just getting a dumpster, which it had to be hauled away anyways. What was the phone call chain that went on to orchestrate this?

Fooking bizziare.

[-] chungusamonugs@hexbear.net 7 points 1 month ago

The police defend money. Not life. Not safety. Money. That's it. This is a visual metaphor of that. I am livid.

[-] heatenconsumerist@hexbear.net 3 points 1 month ago

Fuck the 1%

[-] blindbunny@lemmy.ml 2 points 1 month ago

Fuck the police

this post was submitted on 09 Aug 2024
157 points (98.8% liked)

chapotraphouse

13460 readers
701 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank