What the fuck level of cult of personality even is this? They're writing fan fic about their fucking overlords. What the fuck I cannot emphasize enough what the fuck?

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old

At least when I write fanfiction like this, everybody gets universal healthcare at the end.

[-] Aradina@lemmy.ml 36 points 1 month ago

When I write fanfic my cute OCs do big kisses

[-] FourteenEyes@hexbear.net 19 points 1 month ago

In my fanfics everyone has a JoJo stand, and Kamala's is called The Police

[-] SpiderFarmer@hexbear.net 12 points 1 month ago

VancexWalz yaoi sounds like some cogito-hazard shit. I want to watch the wold burn. 😈 🔥

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 25 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

universal healthcare

Sure is funny how this was never again mentioned after Ol Joe won.

[-] corgiwithalaptop@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

Read this as Oi Joe and pictured Biden in Docs with suspenders and a white collared shirt

[-] sammer510@hexbear.net 76 points 1 month ago

Unironically this is the end result of Hamilton and West Wing and hell even fucking School House Rock (for all the 30 something US Americans). This is real "end of history" thinking. Democracy is the final form, this is it, the problem is that the wrong people keep getting voted in, bad people, because "oh Republicans are stupid" or "oh Russia Boris what time is it in Moscow" or "oh leftists let Trump win". We just need real people of character to get in there and do politics and reach across the aisle and just have heart to heart talks with fascists and get things done FOR AMERICA because America is perfect! We just keep electing the wrong people but don't worry we'll fix it

[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 51 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

If only we had a better king, everything would be just great!

-Random serf, 1438

[-] HamManBad@hexbear.net 21 points 1 month ago

Unironically, in 1916 you would still have peasants saying "if only the tsar knew how the lords were treating us, then he could put a stop to it!" Americans have the same relationship to the US Constitution

[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 14 points 1 month ago

Americans have the same relationship to the US Constitution

The way some muricans worship that shit is just absolutely bizarre lmao

[-] Formerlyfarman@hexbear.net 12 points 1 month ago

It's never the kings fault, it's that vile vizier..or the eunuchs,

[-] GalaxyBrain@hexbear.net 13 points 1 month ago

Schoolhouse Rock was from 1973. I'm not sure how old 30 somethings are where you live

[-] Kuori@hexbear.net 14 points 1 month ago

eh, i'm in my 30s and they still showed it when i was in elementary school

feels like the sort of thing that doesn't really need too much updating since it's meant to teach literal children the absolute basics

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] GrouchyGrouse@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

"Mr. President, a second Sorkin Brain has hit the liberal psyche."

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] Mardoniush@hexbear.net 63 points 1 month ago

I've said it before. Liberals are narrativists. Everything must be a story for them, and if it's all going wrong? Well that's where the hero doubles down.

We saw this with Biden. First he was the stoic, refusing to move when all around him was chaos. Then when he stepped down the story changed, he became a saintly martyr.

[-] TemutheeChallahmet@hexbear.net 33 points 1 month ago

I think this is just all Amerifat political discourse, our people think real life works the way movies do, which is why while Trump was flopping in office they had to make up that he was doing 4D chess or hiding his power, as if things were going to turn out like a climax in a double cross heist film.

[-] TreadOnMe@hexbear.net 16 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Or even more sinister, they do the opposite and venerate fiction like Dune, LotR and GoT as if it was real history, then use those 'histories' to base their opinions on.

[-] TemutheeChallahmet@hexbear.net 13 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Yep, you think their idea of a chosen one leader or shifting loyalties between camps are from the Bible or history, but their mental model is actually the plotline from some show or movie they watched while eating.

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] immutable@lemm.ee 18 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

This old video by thoughtslime perfectly explains this and when I saw it years ago it really opened my eyes to what bothered me about your average liberal.

https://youtu.be/dsasDeI0VRg

[-] TechnoUnionTypeBeat@hexbear.net 49 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

This shit is why liberals cannot and will not ever take fascism seriously

They cannot even comprehend the possibility that someone might be evil for ideological reasons, and is in fact enthusiastically evil. For them, people who are evil must be evil because something bad happened to them in their past and they just didn't get a hug

If true fascism ever came, idiots like this would probably still try to act like it's an episode of the West Wing and psychoanalyze the fascist death squads leading them to the wall. It's infuriating how little they can take this shit seriously

[-] Thallo@hexbear.net 38 points 1 month ago

I find liberals generally chalk up conservatism to ignorance. Liberals assume that conservatives are liberals in waiting who just need to be educated and given the right information.

[-] pastalicious@hexbear.net 24 points 1 month ago

A lot of us think most people are communists in waiting but as people who actually believe in something we have seen just how powerful a nihilistic cultural identity that opposes communism is and how giving people the right information does nothing because they have a lifetime trained immune response to these specific ideas. It’s infuriating that liberals think their tepid “information” and a pity hug would effortlessly bring conservatives to their values neutral Jesus

[-] SkingradGuard@hexbear.net 15 points 1 month ago

Libs say the same about us

We must be brainwashed/bots because how dare we not agree to everything in liberalism

[-] Hello_Kitty_enjoyer@hexbear.net 10 points 1 month ago

right is composed of (violent) special snowflakes
liberals are composed of cattle

[-] Riffraffintheroom@hexbear.net 7 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Armchair psychoanalysis allows them to feel morally and intellectually superior while not doing or even saying anything of real substance.

[-] GeorgeZBush@hexbear.net 32 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Because they're removed enough to where politics is, as others have said, a show. It's Steven Universe. It's West Wing. It's Harry Potter. They want all their favorite characters, good and evil, to have a showdown or hug it out or otherwise resolve their conflicts so Harry can smile as he sends his kids to Hogwarts and know that all is now well.

I imagine this person thinks of Trump as a Palpatine sort of figure of pure evil, corrupting young and misguided Vance, who can still be redeemed and returned to the good, liberal light at the end of Act III.

I just realized something: Their fanfic is the millennial equivalent of saying "we need a strong Republican Party."

load more comments (5 replies)
[-] 12022081631@hexbear.net 27 points 1 month ago

this is a damning piece of evidence of the social decline of the west look at this sad sack having to write fanfic to fill the void left when their grandpappap bought his last breath of air off the free market

[-] hypercracker@hexbear.net 26 points 1 month ago

these are the people who take their adult emotional development cues from the inside out movies

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 26 points 1 month ago

Calves cramping. Mommy Kamala and Daddy Biden coming over for dinner. Sageing the oval office with Michelle Obama and HRC. The list of fan fiction knows no bounds for these deranged lunatics.

[-] RNAi@hexbear.net 20 points 1 month ago
[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 10 points 1 month ago

When gay goes bad

[-] hexaflexagonbear@hexbear.net 19 points 1 month ago

What if they kissed 🥺

[-] DragonBallZinn@hexbear.net 19 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Unironically Steven-Universe-brained.

They fully swallowed the lie chuds have been using since gamergate "stop swearing revenge on me and then promise you'll forgive me. I'll turn good after you enter this one-sided friendship with me, I promise!"

We are no one's unpaid therapist. Forgiveness is earned, not owed.

[-] take_five_seconds@hexbear.net 17 points 1 month ago
[-] nothx@hexbear.net 16 points 1 month ago

They are all freaks... not just republicans.

[-] PaX@hexbear.net 16 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

There are 2 wolves within the Democratic party

two-wolves-1 Wow, Vance is so weird... where did all these reactionary politics come from? It's totally unlike the United States to have high-level politicians that are so fascist, very weird. And I am normal btw

Vance just needs a hug. The 2 parties just need to come together and forgive each other and we can get this country back on track :) two-wolves-2

Both wolves cannot see the fascist bonk that is about to hit them

[-] MaxOS@hexbear.net 16 points 1 month ago

I can fix him

[-] AtomPunk@hexbear.net 15 points 1 month ago

These people want to go back to 2012 Tumblr and nothing fills the void

[-] SoylentSnake@hexbear.net 15 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

idk but it makes me feel infinitely better about my own shit by comparison

[-] Cummunism@hexbear.net 12 points 1 month ago

Twitter isnt real life, especially someone who pays for Twitter

[-] Elon_Musk@hexbear.net 11 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

Yea, yea we could do that, all ideas are on the table. OR we could lock them in a cage with a hungry Lion and a very nice couch live on NBC.

[-] TC_209@hexbear.net 10 points 1 month ago

They're babies who want mommies and daddies to be in charge and make big decisions, even if those decisions are to commit genocide.

[-] GrumpigPoopBalls@hexbear.net 10 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

its not a post-2016 election without weird fanfic tweets born out of liberals' parasocial obsession with the most milquetoast politicians imaginable

[-] Pentacat@hexbear.net 10 points 1 month ago

There’s not even any sex in their fanfic. I mean, what’s the point?

[-] Feinsteins_Ghost@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

Life is a movie for democrats.

[-] ComradePlatypus@hexbear.net 8 points 1 month ago

Then they fuck

YOU'RE ENTIRE ELECTORIAL STRATEGY IS BEING THE NORMAL PEOPLE TICKET. BE NORMAL IF YOU WANT TO WIN IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

Dummycrats

[-] EmmaGoldman@hexbear.net 9 points 1 month ago

Tragically, the state of American political education begins and ends in preschool. "The president is like America's daddy and every four years we get to pick our dad! Don't you worry your pretty little head about anything else, dear children. Now, who wants some milk and cookies?"

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 08 Aug 2024
153 points (92.7% liked)

chapotraphouse

13460 readers
701 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank