top 18 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old

I used to do all my work before 10:00 PM on the night shift and then read in between customers at my local gas station. Got chewed out and then decided to do everything slower while taking 5 minute breaks to "restock" the drinks. Overall, I still got my reading and I did less work.

Dipshit manager then says he was proud of me for doing more work. Work culture is entirely vibe based and has literally nothing to do with actual productivity.

[-] corgiwithalaptop@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

I cancelled meetings and laid in bed listening to podcasts. Now am olaying vidya at bar with corgi.

Fuck yeah.

[-] Teekeeus@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

I'm doing compliance work for a financial institution, i.e., completely detached from socioeconomic reality. Yesterday's meeting was boring but I didn't mind, I was invading greece as egypt in civ 5

[-] Maoo@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

And? Did Greece pay for their insolence?

[-] Teekeeus@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

Athens has been renamed to New Poop City

[-] ZoomeristLeninist@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

hell yeah, i spent a lot of my work day arguing w lemmy libs and browsing hexbear!

[-] DroneRights@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

I like the episode of Star Trek lower Decks where the captain says "if you have time to lean you have time to clean", and the ship falls apart. In the end they have to implement mandatory slacking off and corner cutting

[-] JoeByeThen@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

New season starts next week!πŸŽ‰

[-] Maoo@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago
[-] D61@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

I work in a building completely alone and unsupervised.

My time cards are physical paper cards that I hand write my days/hours on that I turn in once a week.

There are no cameras, there's no computerized "click this button when you arrive/leave" log... nothing.

I'm slowly increasing the minutes I work before and after I'm supposed to "clock in/out" until I get as close to 20 hours a week as I feel I can get away with since my original stated hours were only supposed to be 16 a week.

[-] GaveUp@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

Spent 2 hours of my work day today making plans with my friends stalin-approval

this post was submitted on 29 Aug 2023
143 points (100.0% liked)

memes

22689 readers
534 users here now

dank memes

Rules:

1. All posts must be memes and follow a general meme setup.

2. No unedited webcomics.

3. Someone saying something funny or cringe on twitter/tumblr/reddit/etc. is not a meme. Post that stuff in !the_dunk_tank@www.hexbear.net, it's a great comm.

4. Va*sh posting is haram and will be removed.

5. Follow the code of conduct.

6. Tag OC at the end of your title and we'll probably pin it for a while if we see it.

7. Recent reposts might be removed.

8. Tagging OC with the hexbear watermark is praxis.

9. No anti-natalism memes. See: Eco-fascism Primer

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS