you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] blueeggsandyam@lemmy.world 14 points 2 months ago

Unfortunately, that isn’t quite right for guys. Skinny, straight, relaxed…. All these types changes the fit and sizing. I wear one waist size larger for skinny.

Women’s are much worse sizing wise but the difference is that guys jeans generally just look acceptable . When a woman gets jeans that fit her correctly, they can look amazing. I doubt guys ever get compliments on the fit of their jeans.

For women, they could use 6- measurements to standardize it but unfortunately a lot of people fall for vanity sizing and don’t want to accept that they gained weight.

It happens for guys clothing too. If it is a letter based sizing there are huge variations in sizing between clothing companies. For high end brands I wear a large, at Walmart or other box stores, I wear a small.

[-] sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works 6 points 2 months ago

Yeah, t-shirts absolutely suck. I'm thin, tall, and like to wear my pants lower on my hips, so shirt length is absolutely essential. In most cases, L is an inch or so longer than M, so I get L even though M would fit my chest better. I honestly wish they would just make a size between M and L, like M+, which would be just be a bit longer M (like 2 extra inches).

[-] Cethin@lemmy.zip 4 points 2 months ago

We really need separate length and width measurements. I'm tall and very skinny. I usually go for a medium, but sometimes even a small, so my shirts are frequently close to too short. If I go larger than I look like I'm swamped in my shirt and it looks horrible.

[-] sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works 3 points 2 months ago

Exactly. I just live with the fact that shirts look horrible on me. It's better than people seeing my butt crack when I bend slightly to open a door...

[-] SwingingTheLamp@midwest.social 3 points 2 months ago

There are "longtail" T shirts that are as your describe, slightly longer.

[-] blueeggsandyam@lemmy.world 3 points 2 months ago

I have seen a regular and long but only on high end brands. Abercrombie and Fitch is a good example. Their tops have a size and length.

[-] sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works 2 points 2 months ago

Yeah, I'm not paying $40-50 for a t-shirt. I feel bad enough paying $30 on a t-shirt to support someone's YouTube channel...

A t-shirt should be $10-20, depending on branding and quality, maybe $30-40 if it uses some super-fancy fabric or something (e.g. merino wool should be $40-ish).

[-] Shou@lemmy.world 3 points 2 months ago

I shop for pants in the Men's section because the woman's section doesn't have big enough sized for my wide ass...

this post was submitted on 14 Jul 2024
888 points (97.2% liked)

People Twitter

5029 readers
1866 users here now

People tweeting stuff. We allow tweets from anyone.

RULES:

1. Mark NSFW content.
  2. No doxxing people.
  3. Must be a tweet or similar
  4. No bullying.
  5. Be excellent to each other.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS