you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] spacedancer@lemmy.world 16 points 1 year ago

I discovered this a couple of days ago: https://github.com/CMahaff/lasim. It just transfers your subscriptions to your new account in another instance. I don't really mind not being able to transfer comments for now, but this has been very very helpful when I moved my subscriptions from one of my lemmy.world accounts to another instance because of the recent downtimes.

[-] maegul@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

Yea this is what should be aimed for in the middle term. Anything bigger involves a number of technical chalenges.

But being able to migrate your "setup" to another instance is the middle ground that will actually doable in the short term and a rather significant improvement in the user experience.

"Setup" would include subscriptions, and any further details about subscriptions that may come along like user defined multi-subscriptions etc, settings, cakeday (suggested elsewhere in the comments and a wonderfully human suggestion), blocks etc.

this post was submitted on 25 Jul 2023
307 points (93.7% liked)

Fediverse

27906 readers
368 users here now

A community to talk about the Fediverse and all it's related services using ActivityPub (Mastodon, Lemmy, KBin, etc).

If you wanted to get help with moderating your own community then head over to !moderators@lemmy.world!

Rules

Learn more at these websites: Join The Fediverse Wiki, Fediverse.info, Wikipedia Page, The Federation Info (Stats), FediDB (Stats), Sub Rehab (Reddit Migration), Search Lemmy

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS