I am looking into getting started in web development and I came across The Odin Project. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to pay for a course right now. I currently work in a senior desktop support and systems admin role and I am seeking to pivot into web development. Is this realistic? What advice or websites would you recommend for me? Thank you very much in advance!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] aadil@merv.news 3 points 1 year ago

โœŠ hang in there buddy and keep trucking. I was similarly in a low place when I started Odin. I'd just dropped out of college (for the second time).

Decided right then that I was going to become a developer and kept working away at it with a blank mind. I made tons of mistakes but felt liberated by working towards my goal.

Good on you for pushing through! I am going to do my 1-2 hours of learning tonight. My clothes washer broke last night so I have to go to the laundromat. Hey man, if it's not one thing, it's another. I can't afford to fix the damn thing too. ๐Ÿ˜†

this post was submitted on 21 Jul 2023
-3 points (44.0% liked)

Web Development

3430 readers
1 users here now

Welcome to the web development community! This is a place to post, discuss, get help about, etc. anything related to web development

What is web development?

Web development is the process of creating websites or web applications

Rules/Guidelines

Related Communities

Wormhole

Some webdev blogsNot sure what to post in here? Want some web development related things to read?

Heres a couple blogs that have web development related content

CreditsIcon base by Delapouite under CC BY 3.0 with modifications to add a gradient

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS